Sundown Audio

Problem with amp?

Hadec

some questions

1st how did they wire 2 dual 1 subs to a final impedence of 2ohms.if you have dual 1 subs they should of wired it to 1ohm or 4ohms

2nd whats your electrical consit of,i know u have a stck batt(which should be upgraded running that much power) but have you done the big 3,do you have a HO alt.

by professionals im taking it that a local shop did your install.if they told you they hooked up 2 dual 1ohm subs to a final 2ohm load then they must not know what their doing or talking about IMO

They were telling me that the subs are actually .7 ohm so I don't know i'll just give them a call tomorrow. But I really do not think it is a battery/electrical issue at all or my lights would dim a lot more.

Working on my first car audio build ever!

Currently have:

- 1996 Lexus LS400 sedan

- Diablo Hellfire Proto Amplifier

- (2) 12" Fi Bl Subwoofers

- Vented subwoofer enclosure from Perfect Soundz

- Installed by Perfect Soundz

Needs:

- Battery: probably XS Power 12V 2400

- "The Big 3"

some questions

1st how did they wire 2 dual 1 subs to a final impedence of 2ohms.if you have dual 1 subs they should of wired it to 1ohm or 4ohms

2nd whats your electrical consit of,i know u have a stck batt(which should be upgraded running that much power) but have you done the big 3,do you have a HO alt.

by professionals im taking it that a local shop did your install.if they told you they hooked up 2 dual 1ohm subs to a final 2ohm load then they must not know what their doing or talking about IMO

The subs are dual 1, is that bad?

And now that i look at it on the fi car audio website.. it says dual 2 ohm subs only have 1k rms? is that a mistake? Or is it actually only 1k rms

Currently have:

- 1996 Lexus LS400 sedan

Needs:

- "The Big 3"

check ohmload with ddm and report back

I really don't know what this is... Sorry i'm new to car audio.

Currently have:

- 1996 Lexus LS400 sedan

Needs:

- "The Big 3"

some questions

And now that i look at it on the fi car audio website.. it says dual 2 ohm subs only have 1k rms? is that a mistake? Or is it actually only 1k rms

dual 1 subs are perfect since you have a amp that is 1ohm stable you wire the subs in parallel to get a 1ohm load at the amp....im not sure on the BLs power handling as i have new owned or used one...but the site says the dual 1s are 1000w rms and dual 2 are 1500w rms for the 12s

some questions

dual 1 subs are perfect since you have a amp that is 1ohm stable you wire the subs in parallel to get a 1ohm load at the amp....im not sure on the BLs power handling as i have new owned or used one...but the site says the dual 1s are 1000w rms and dual 2 are 1500w rms for the 12s

And what is parallel? Should they be wired to 1ohm or 2 ohms? They are currently wired at 2 ohms.

Currently have:

- 1996 Lexus LS400 sedan

Needs:

- "The Big 3"

some questions

And what is parallel? Should they be wired to 1ohm or 2 ohms? They are currently wired at 2 ohms.

you cant wire 2 dual 1ohm subs to a final load of 2ohms,its either 1ohm or 4ohm

some questions

you cant wire 2 dual 1ohm subs to a final load of 2ohms,its either 1ohm or 4ohm

So thats the problem then..? I'll bring it back and get 1 ohm wiring.

Currently have:

- 1996 Lexus LS400 sedan

Needs:

- "The Big 3"

What you should do is try working on it your self. I don't think ohm load is a issue here. When the amp cuts off does the amp go into protect? Or just the power just goes out.

If the subs are dual 1 they probably wired them at 1ohm or 4 ohm which isn't a issue.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

Archived