Sonic Electronix

1st post! Suggestions on bandpass enclosure

Alright guys I'm in the process of making a manufacture spec size bandpass enclosure for my JBL w12 gti's. Going to be doing a 3 cu ft sealed portion and 4 cu ft ported side before displacements tuned at 45 hz that being said my question is how many sq in of port area do I need to per cu ft? I'll be using aero ports for this box I've heard 12-16 but then I've heard less if your using aeros. The recommended enclosure sheet that came with the subs shows a box for one sub 1.5 sealed 2 ported with a 6" wide x 10.57" long round port could I just use two of those or would that be too much, maybe three 4" ports? Sorry to rant but your input will be appreciated!!!

If you have to ask...

I'd go with with the spec sheet says and follow it EXACTLY. If it says one 6" port 10" long then do it.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

I forgot to mention the most important part!! The front of the box where the ports will be coming out im going to be sealing into the cabin where my seats fold down so its going to be flush if you know what i mean ANY other tips would be good too!! I plan to coat the inside with resin, bracing it and lining all sides with fiberglass blanket and loosely stuffing the sealed side with fiber fill or something and hopefully making the front piece out of 1" plexiglas so you can still see those sexy cones

Archived