Cavzilla.... Amprack Cover/beauty Panel

I just got done insulating my garage door.... :rolleyes: and had some extra scraps of beaded foam....so I did some testing.....with wood glue and some sanding..

Posted Image

Ill be using this stuff...on a future project.... :huh:

so I wanted to see how well the wood glue worked to bond the pieces together....and how well it sands to shape....

Not bad.............. :)

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

I grabbed the CA Glue....and made a little Jig.....because I want to keep a 1" reveal arounf the Oval

Posted Image

Posted Image

when carving the foam.....I ran into a Void......so .......another pumping of foam ,must be done....

Posted Image

Posted Image

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

Once I got the general shape .....in the foam....I made a Real Hot mix of duraglass.... :) I was greenstage sanding....as soon as I laid down the spreader

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Basically...the duraglass,was to make it so I could shape it properly....since it is real thin....and on top of foam.....it was real squishy ......and soft.... :)

I still need it to be solid....so Im going to glass it up...with a thin layer of glass

I took some 2oz chopmat and split it into 3 pieces....real thin....then tore it to the little pieces ill be using...

Posted Image

Archived