Sundown Audio

old Bazooka Amp w/ bad rca inputs... easy fix?

KickerKid58

hey everyone. ever since about a week or two ago i noticed my subs cutting in and out. thought it was a bad ground so fixed that up and realized it was the rca inputs. Running a oldddd bazooka amp that does 500watts @2ohms

I'm gonna go with 90% sure its the amp & not the rca cable.

RCA's are the nicest ones radio shack sells and its only about 4 months old. Bought the amp for $40 at a pawn shop lol

opened it up just now and it looks like the connections are good so im not sure what to do.

I know ive seen people splice in a female end of a scrap rca cable, just dont know how hard it would be do do that..

Any suggestions?

--Andrew

heres a few pics!

IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

IMAG0140.jpg

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

4 RF Punch 6.5" Components

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

XS Power XP950 +&-run of XScorpion 1/0 OFC My Civic Build

youd be better off getting a better amp anyway, just sayin :pardon:

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

From the pics every thing looks fine but you never know and like he said better off with a new amp

problem is I goot pay $600 towards school in the next two months, and $300 in tickets to pay in the next month too. That along with the usual monthly expenses and limited hours at work due to school means no money till summer :bull:<_<

once money starts flowing hoping for an aq2200, better wire, batt or two and 1 or2 more lvl4's

idk i can try to ghetto rig it so it wont move around as much i guess thats the best i can do on a budget for now lol :shrug:

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

From the pics every thing looks fine but you never know and like he said better off with a new amp

problem is I goot pay $600 towards school in the next two months, and $300 in tickets to pay in the next month too. That along with the usual monthly expenses and limited hours at work due to school means no money till summer :bull:<_<

once money starts flowing hoping for an aq2200, better wire, batt or two and 1 or2 more lvl4's

idk i can try to ghetto rig it so it wont move around as much i guess thats the best i can do on a budget for now lol :shrug:

well quit driving like a women :lol:

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

well quit driving like a women :lol:

more like a maniac hahaha.

funny thing is about 6 months earlier same cop pulled me and my buddy over for "street racing" lol. we were just acting like idiots speeding and slaloming between the shoulder/lane/median. could have easily arrested us but chose to give us a few tickets instead and said next time i pull ur ass over im arresting you. this time i blew strait through a red on a right turn and was haulin around 90ish down the main road thru town. almost arrested me AGAIN (actually cuffed me and tossed me in the back for 30 min or so) but ended up just giving me a few tickets.

small town+ knowing all the cops from young age=winning :santa:

Edited by KickerKid58

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D

how do you know its the rca? if its lifting from the board just drop some soldier on it.

when it went out one day i finally poped the trunk and screwed around with it. wiggled the rca inputs and it came back

06 Jeep Grand Cherokee

2 DC Level4 12"

Soundstream TA1.3000d

2 RF Punch 3.5" 2-ways

RF Prime 400.4D