DC Sound Lab

So today my DC 175.4 amp worked all day put the batteries on charge with a XS AGM intellicharger now amp wont turn on checked power ground and remote and still nothing any ideas? did charging mess the amp up?

Edited by darksoul187

2009 Malibu LTZHead Unit - Pioneer AVH-P4300DVDSubs - 2 DC Audio m2 XL 15'sAmplifier - DC 5kWire - KnukonceptzAlternator - OhioGenBatteries - 2 XS Power 3100's, 1 d4700

Was it all still hooked up? I usually disconnect my batteries before recharge. Got mixed reviews on what could happen. So I took no chances on something happening.

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

Was it all still hooked up? I usually disconnect my batteries before recharge. Got mixed reviews on what could happen. So I took no chances on something happening.

yeah it was hooked up while they was charging

2009 Malibu LTZHead Unit - Pioneer AVH-P4300DVDSubs - 2 DC Audio m2 XL 15'sAmplifier - DC 5kWire - KnukonceptzAlternator - OhioGenBatteries - 2 XS Power 3100's, 1 d4700

yeah it was hooked up while they was charging

I had some people say it can cook the amps. Some say it does not. I disconnected it just to make sure nothing happened. Did you check all of your fuses? Dumb question but, never know.

Edited by basshead8569

Current system (still building) 2 kicker 12" dcvr in factory kicker ported box, Rockford Fosgate 1200.1 Amp, Kenwood ddx-470 ddin radio, Rockford Fosgate 0 Gauge wiring, Rockford Fosgate punch 6X8 2 way speakers.

yeah its all fine batteries are installed in the trunk nothing up front so its easy to check thought maybe my remote wire messed up somehow so i ran a new one and still nothing... that will suck if i have to disconnect my batteries each time thats why i got this charger to float my 3100's

Edited by darksoul187

If the batteries are charged and all wires are connected to the right spots. Then that could be the amp did go. Hope thats not the reason. You double checked all of the wires and connections?

If the batteries are charged and all wires are connected to the right spots. Then that could be the amp did go. Hope thats not the reason. You double checked all of the wires and connections?

i triple checked everything. all is hooked up fine glad its under warranty looks like its getting sent out been working fine for months nothing was changed

Why don't you try the amp in a different setting before shipping it off. Get a DMM and check for voltage.

Take a jumper wire from the remote to the positive of the amp. And see if it turns on.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/