Jump to content

basshead8569

Members
  • Posts

    311
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by basshead8569

  1. Nothing better then being an injured United States Marine and helping young kids that want to be in the Military. Or just need an buddy to talk too.

  2. sorry dont know how to post like the others On your video that you want to post from youtube, click the share tab below it, copy and paste that link here.
  3. Amp kept cutting out. Ended up going out at the end. video I posted before this one is after fixing it.
  4. Kenwood ddx-470 ddin screen, Kenwood Performance series 1,800 watt amp, 2 kicker dcvr 12" subs (kicker preloaded box) rockford fosgate punch 6X8 interiors with factory tweeters (waiting for rockford fosgate to get the punch tweeters in at my shop)
  5. New ride. New build.

  6. I think that it is wrong to be a full time installer and now barely make $170 a week for 40 hours. Need a new job.

    1. Show previous comments  2 more
    2. WastedTalent

      WastedTalent

      Uhm, whaaa? 40 hrs a week and makin $170? Idk what the hell is goin on there....

    3. n1ghtsn1p3r
    4. basshead8569

      basshead8569

      No commission. 7.40$ An hour. Taxes are high. Why I'm trying to find a second or better job.

  7. I liked my xs power d3100 I believe the model was. Worked better then my optima yellow top I have now. Wish I never sold it. But needed money.
  8. Working 62.5 hours a week. Busy as hell. Car starters and alarms are big right now. Little early then usual. Not many system set-ups. Odd.

    1. Chris Hammer

      Chris Hammer

      Bringing in the money...thats what counts.  I hate wiring alarms with a passion though

    2. basshead8569

      basshead8569

      I Hate it too. But, the money is great. Commission installer. Through more I do the more I get paid. If I'm doing a lot now. I'm hoping the alarm and remote start season is not slow.

    3. basshead8569

      basshead8569

      The more*** stupid auto correct.

  9. I have some rockford fosgate power t1 6X9 in my garage. 2 pairs of them and 2 rockford fosgate t2 12" subs on there own amp and breaker. Now if you are doing a huge area then I would stick with home speakers. For my 2 1/2 car garage, it is enough.
  10. It depends on the person. One person will say hey these kickers are bad ass and then someone else will say no these rockford are better. In the end, it all comes down to the set-up and box. I have just 2 kicker 12" dcvr's on a rockford fosgate power 1500 amp. And it hits harder and sounds great. Best thing is if you can get a demo of the ones that you are really interested in. Also, each sub sounds different in every vehicle. I did a truck like yours at my shop and we used 2 rockford fosgate T1 12" subs on a rockford fosgate power 1500 amp. And it pounded.
  11. typo. meant 113. But the last couple days it has been 91+ outside and 125+ in the garage. And that is with a huge fan in 3 garage doors. Something to deal with. Im cool with it,
  12. I don't mind sweating. Monday and Tuesday this week it was 89 outside and then 132 in the garage. The shop manager is 35. Oldest guy in the store of 6. He gets very crabby in the heat. We said we are going to make him a snickers commercial. lol.
  13. The excess wire we get, we put in a huge bin and take to the scrap yard. We have almost 2,000 saved up. We was going to get a new table saw. Ours is not old but, we use it so much we want to get a higher end one. But, might suck it up and do this. Good idea. But, like I said we have a huge garage. sucks.
  14. So, the summer is here and the temp has already got pretty high. For those that work in a garage with out A/C. What are some tricks to help ya keep cool? This is my first year working in a garage with no A/C. Been spoiled till this job. I have a huge fan that we sit in the middle of one of our garage doors. My works garage can hold 25+ cars. It use to be where dodge did there custom work on there classic muscle cars back in the 70-80's. So, curious of what others do to help keep cool....
  15. Enjoying my only day off of work. Just got behind the wheel and drove. Went to Cabella's in Dundee Michigan. And then just drove around the open area. Nothiing but woods and farms. Stopped at a few parks along the river and let my daughter play. Fun day.

  16. We had a guy at a local small event with no fuse. Guy seemed really knowledgeable about everything. He went to the db tent and not even 20 seconds into his bump something went wrong and his truck went up in flames. All he posted on facebook was his battery wire came loose and sparked and up it went. Clean install and engine. So, Ive been very curious what really happened. For me, If I am running any wire from the battery it is fused. Just to be on the save side.
  17. Then that is not the amp I am thinking of. The one I am thinking of did 1,500wrms. Same brand though.
  18. I went to take a look just to see if it was the one I was thinking of and my anti viruis and trojan and melware just went hay wire with attacks from that site. Now it is on my block list. If it is the one that I think it is. The trade center by me sells them for $250. Told it is just as bad as BOSS. And I am glad my shop was able to stop carrying them.
  19. For the box see what the manufacturer recommends. Then get creative with it. I am not familiar with that brand so dont know to much about what to run em at or electrical. But, this should help keep this post on top to help get some answers. Just be careful with the cheap products. Do research on it to help save ya any kind of problems that could come.
  20. I live in Michigan. I bought my Ranger from Indiana. I drove it home with no plates. Just the papers the insurance company gave me and the title. I got the guy to give me his number and date just incase I got pulled over I had multiple proofs I just bought the car and I was taking it home. Drive extra cautious.
  21. I was working on an 1968 Chevy chevelle. Car was flawless. One of my dream cars. Guy was putting a radio, speakers and a 5 channel amp. I got the radio out and there was mice in the dash. Now that shocked the hell out of my cause the car looked like it just rolled off the assembly line. So, had to get them out and then I get to the speakers and there was huge monster spiders. Almost told the guy go get your car fummed and then come back. And now that it is getting hot as hell. We leave our garage door open. We have a huge garage. Can fit 25+ cars. And bums come walking in and sit next to you. If ya dont look up you would not know it was. Random people also walk in and just want to talk. Just have to watch out for those that think they can walk in and grab tools or what ever is close by and run out. To bad we cant get a/c in the garage. sales people are lucky they get a/c and dont have to spend 12+ hours a day in a hot ass garage.
  22. which HU? mine or the OP's? haha The op's. They are suppose to be redoing the unit. At-least the e-mail the company sent out said they are changing that model a little.
  23. I have that unit at my work. It highest I could get the volume before it clipped on all eq settings was 28. No matter what it clipped higher then that. Now we have it on our wall. So maybe in a car with the car electrical and not how it is on show at my shop it might be different. It is also our biggest returned product for screen failure. So hope yours works good for you...
×
×
  • Create New...