new speakers

monoxide

This is prolly a stupid question but i have never amped any speakers before just my subs. i am looking to add new door speakers and maybe some tweeters in my a-pillers when i add these i need a cross over for the subs and the highs and mid bass right. my head unit only has 1 rca out put. but when i amp these speakers i would use a 4 channel amp right. 1 channel for each door and then do i leave the stock wires hooked up to the speakers or do i just use the ones i run from the amp?

also instead of starting a new topic to ask one stupid question what is the best amp that is 200 watts rms at 4 ohms. i know its really low but i cant do a loud system like i had planned since my girl always has her daughter in my truck. she gave me 1 12 that the people that lived in the house before her left there and it feels like it is fine. like pressing it down by hand seems stiff. id like a decent amp but not one that will break the bank since it was a free sub.

but am i right for the mids and highs? feel free to correct me if i am wrong i want to learn as much as i can.

I am looking to add new door speakers and maybe some tweeters in my a-pillers when i add these i need a cross over for the subs and the highs and mid bass right. my head unit only has 1 rca out put. but when i amp these speakers i would use a 4 channel amp right. 1 channel for each door and then do i leave the stock wires hooked up to the speakers or do i just use the ones i run from the amp?

Not necessarily, if you get some coax speakers you won't need a xover for them. But if you get some components then they'll most likely come with xovers. As for your subs, just use the xover on your amp. Without knowing what your intended setup consists of, not necessarily the specific products being used but at least the number of speakers, type and location, it's kind of hard to recommend what kind of amp to use. Whenever amping speakers I think it's best to run new speaker wire.
also instead of starting a new topic to ask one stupid question what is the best amp that is 200 watts rms at 4 ohms.

The best amp for you is the one that fits your budget and gets the job done....asking what's the best is kinda like asking what girl is the prettiest, you're gonna get different answers from different people cause we all have different opinions.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

they are just gonna be door speakers 6x8 i think is the size that came factory in my 04 f150. i am just pricing every thing now and getting suggestions on what to use. like coax vs components and all that

Archived