Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Go to www.metraonline.com enter your car info, and it will list a bunch of adapters listed. Like the GMOS and GMRC-01.

Did it have one of those in it, and is it still there, or did you remove it?

Without the adapter there is no ignition, so they will run the red wire to the fuse box to get Ign sometimes.

If you have or can get a meter check the Wires for constant 12v on yellow, and 12v on red when key is on.

If those are good, you can double check the ground by grounding to a piece of metal in the dash.

Posted

If you check that you have power ign and ground, then its a bad H/U if the fuse in it is good.

Make sure you check for power and ground right at the connector for the H/U.

Sorry trying to cover several posts, so kinda jumping around here.

Posted

I think I may have found the culprit.. The yellow battery wire after digging through is a 15A and the fuse size in the back of the H/U is a 10A will I have to get I new fuse?

Posted

I think I may have found the culprit.. The yellow battery wire after digging through is a 15A and the fuse size in the back of the H/U is a 10A will I have to get I new fuse?

it should still turn on in that case. theres something else wrong

Posted

Yes, even if fuse size is different if you have power at the ylw, red, and good ground at the black, then the H/U is probably bad. Last check before taking it back would be Kranny's LFC. Unwire radio, hook up ylw and red to batt +, and Blk to Batt - . If it still wont come on its definiteley bad.

If it now comes on then start over at wires checking ground first.

Posted

I made a new discovery, after getting even more electrical tape off it appears he has the pink wire tied into the 12V red ACC. I feel like a kid in a candy store because of this tape lol.

Posted

Does it have an adapter in it or are you wiring directly to factory wires?

Here are the reported factory wire colors:(still always check with meter before hooking up anything)

Desc Polarity Wire Color

12V + Constant + Orange

12v - Ground - Black

12v ignition Class 2 serial data

Radio Illumination + Gray (dimmer)

Left Front Spk +/- Tan / Gray

Right Front Spk +/- Light Green / Dark Green

Left Rear Spk +/- Brown / Yellow

Right Rear Spk +/- Dark Blue / Light Blue

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1084 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...