Sonic Electronix

even then, the voltage gauge in the dash is wired to the front battery only. if you ground is bad (like being on top of rhino lining) your rear battery isnt "hooked up" you arent seeing voltage drop because your rear battery isnt in the same wiring line as the front and voltage gauge itself. your rear amp worked for a few minutes using only what the battery had stored power wise. it will go into protect when it reaches below 9.6v. IE your battery in the rear is drained with now charge coming from the alt because no ground.

and i didnt paint over the ground with rhino liner if thats what you meant lol

no you said it was on rhino liner type material. its actually under coating to inhibit rust. but as I stated my batt is in the same place. run wire up to under your rear seat. should be 18 or 21 mm bolts. i had the same problem with my aq1.2 i had. ran wire to the back seat from the batt and it holds steady with any amp i run now if i have the power. even my mb 1.5 at .5ohm.

different efficiencies? subs wired at diff ohm? bad amp? bad ground? miswired/wired wrong?

honestly what i gather so far is... no voltage drop at lower volumes, then after 15 mins of full tilt it cuts out?

if it cuts out after 15 mins of playing full tilt... you have voltage drop, or the amp is bad.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

no you said it was on rhino liner type material. its actually under coating to inhibit rust. but as I stated my batt is in the same place. run wire up to under your rear seat. should be 18 or 21 mm bolts. i had the same problem with my aq1.2 i had. ran wire to the back seat from the batt and it holds steady with any amp i run now if i have the power. even my mb 1.5 at .5ohm.

i meant i covered my box in rhino liner type material sorry lol

different efficiencies? subs wired at diff ohm? bad amp? bad ground? miswired/wired wrong?

honestly what i gather so far is... no voltage drop at lower volumes, then after 15 mins of full tilt it cuts out?

if it cuts out after 15 mins of playing full tilt... you have voltage drop, or the amp is bad.

i mean it will play for short bits then go to protect then play a little then do the same thing.

i mean it will play for short bits then go to protect then play a little then do the same thing.

it sounds like a charging issue to me. That's my guess.

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.