MadDrunx' build log 6 10's, 4 tweets for mids&highs 2 15's for bass.

You will be loud as f... k !!!

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

• 2 weeks later...

I ground all the nipples and itchy stuff off.That is the worst part about fiberglass IMO.After the glass I mixed up some duraglass for the big dips and gaps.I spread it on sanded it down,and then did the same with bondo.

mine022.jpg

mine023.jpg

mine024.jpg

The green stuff is the duraglass,the pinkish is the bondo.

wunna play halo?

After all the bondo was done I flex primed it with three coats,then sanded it down with 240.Then I flex primed it again with three more coats.We put this stuff in our primer called plasticiser ,which makes the primer and clear be able to bend.I call it flex for short,I used that because of the plastic bending on top of the panels.This picture is during sanding after the first coats.

mine026.jpg

This is the second set of primer coats.

mine027.jpg

The whole panel was textured,and I didn't wan't that so I primed it and sanded it to look like the rest of the panel.

Nice and slick.

mine028.jpg

wunna play halo?

I didn't want to wrap the doors,but I wanted them to match the interior.So I went with a grey that I made by pouring tints in to a cup until the color was close.I sanded them with 320,then flex sealed them.I sprayed my base, then I matte flex cleared them,so they weren't to shinny.Her they are all wired up ready to go.

100_2304.jpg

100_2305.jpg

wunna play halo?

I'm running two runs of 0 gauge from front to back,And two 0 Gauge grounds from both batteries to frame.There is a fuse on each end of every power wire in the truck.I also soldiered all the terminals to the wire.

Here's a pic of the grounds.Then a pic of how I grounded them to the frame.And also a pic of most of the wire before I started.

mine116.jpg

mine117.jpg

mine114.jpg

Here's the truck gutted to run all the power, rca's and speaker wire.

camdynstruckfamilyreunion2011004.jpg

camdynstruckfamilyreunion2011005.jpg

wunna play halo?