2nd battery selection and wiring..need help deciding

As of now I have a stock battery and alternator in my 07' dodge charger...my current build is gonna be 2 sa-12s on a brz 2400.1...I will have the big three completed by next week and then I was going to work on getting a second battery, I planned on getting a KHC-2000,,now I have two questions...First of all would I be fine with just one KHC-2000? And second of all how would I wire it..Would it be ok to wire it parallel with the stock battery? (I don't plan on playin the subs with the battery off btw) It was my previous understanding that two different batteries especially an acid and agm wired together in parallel would drain each other without an isolator relay, but then I heard that if they're both 12v batteries they'll be fine in parallel.. Also I do have a 200amp pac isolator/relay sitting in a box should I use that just to be safe? My dad used it in his truck for about 5 years lol so is there a way I can test it to make sure it works properly?

Edited by BEEMDUB

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC

(BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP

(SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI

(POWER CABLES) KICKER PKD1

(SPEAKER WIRE) KICKER 12 GAUGE

(INTERIOR) DYNAMAT

COMING SOON

2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON

2 XS POWER XP3000 COMING SOON

DC POWER 270XP ALT COMING SOON

As of now I have a stock battery and alternator in my 07' dodge charger...my current build is gonna be 2 sa-12s on a brz 2400.1...I will have the big three completed by next week and then I was going to work on getting a second battery, I planned on getting a KHC-2000,,now I have two questions...First of all would I be fine with just one KHC-2000? And second of all how would I wire it..Would it be ok to wire it parallel with the stock battery? (I don't plan on playin the subs with the battery off btw) It was my previous understanding that two different batteries especially an acid and agm wired together in parallel would drain each other without an isolator relay, but then I heard that if they're both 12v batteries they'll be fine in parallel.. Also I do have a 200amp pac isolator/relay sitting in a box should I use that just to be safe? My dad used it in his truck for about 5 years lol so is there a way I can test it to make sure it works properly?

Yeah man, don't wire two batteries of different types together

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

Alright so I guess that isolator is gonna have to be used...since its a 200 amp one wouldn't it choke the batteries amperage a little?

Alright so I guess that isolator is gonna have to be used...since its a 200 amp one wouldn't it choke the batteries amperage a little?

I'm not sure how that works man, but I'd imagine you'd need to run 1/0 wire which can carry up to 250-300a depending on the type of wire you go with so I'g guess 200a is a bit on the small side.

I'm not sure how that works man, but I'd imagine you'd need to run 1/0 wire which can carry up to 250-300a depending on the type of wire you go with so I'g guess 200a is a bit on the small side.

Hmm well I'll deff be running 0 gauge but I guess I'll have to test the output once I get the isolator installed..

I have a duralast acid battery up front and a yellow top on the back like for 3 months now and ive never had any problems and never used an isolator

Just cause something can be done doesn't mean it should.