Sonic Electronix

My friend just bought a real nice 2001 Mitsubishi Galant. It has a factory infinity system in it, he want's a new headunit to stream music from his phone. As of now the radio needs a code which he doesn't have, he's planning on calling up a Mitsubishi dealer and getting it. What can he do? Does he have to have that code?

1992 Honda Civic CX Hatchback

K24a2 Swap

To get a radio code, all you need is the vehicle vin number, and the radio serial number( located on the radio itself, removal is required).

As for streaming his own music on it... i can't help ya. I don't think it works like that. You must look into the aftermarket.

And btw, since he bought it used, maybe someone should look into why the radio lost power in the first place. Did the battery die? Did the PO screw with something? Did the alt fry? Digging up history on a used car is a big deal.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

The radio lost power due to the battery being replaced. Yes he was planning on putting in an aftermarket radio to stream from his phone.

He's being told that if he cuts any wires connected to the radio it will mess up the car because it has an anti theft system??

1992 Honda Civic CX Hatchback

K24a2 Swap

well when you put in a aftermarket Headunit in any car it comes with wire harnesses to connect to the oem plug ins that way your not cutting any oem wires back in the birds nest of wires behind the radio. I work at a Mitsubishi Dealership as a service tech and have seen numerous galants of that year with aftermarket HU's come in running like a champ..

Team NWSPLUPCOMING BUILD (when I afford it)

2013 Ford Focus Hatch

2x DC lv3 15s

2x b2 quotas

XS batts

DC power alt

That amp would fuck the shit out of those subs. It would roofie them, knock them out with chloroform, then make sweet, gentle, anal love to them all night.

Archived