Fi BTL N3 box build

What's up everyone. I have 2 12" N3's. This is my first spl build. I built a box for them about 6 or so months back. I like the way the box turned out, but I know it can be a lot better. Currently it's 5 cubes net with the port tuned at 38hz

My question is, what would be a better frequency for me to tune the next box?

So far the plan is to face them into the cabin of the car and seal it off from the trunk. Any advice and input will be appreciated.

Edited by gufman

2006 Toyota Corolla

2 12" Fi BTL N3's

AQ3500d.1 (bass)

Kenwood mids, tweets & 6x9's

Kenwood 2 & 4 Channel Amps (mids & highs)

160 amp alternator

Big 3

Alot of 0 awg power and ground wire

www.youtube.com/mastagoof

• 3 weeks later...

Your on the right track, I would say if it plays the music you like then leave it but it your thinking just a bit more low end drop would be better try tuning a bit lower, 30-34 might lose your peak a bit but should bring up the rest.

-Donald Hebig1989 Blazer S10 4x4-Four Fi BTL N3 15" "Ruthless bass!"-Four pair of American Bass VFL 8", 6.5", and tweets-Sundown SAZ 1500(2550wrms=156 dB) 92+ Psychlone RTA. Fully off-road capable street build. Built for music.-----------Bringing Sound Quality to a whole new level.--------------dB Drag: Personal best 161.3 sealed up and 158+ Bass Race.USACi: -Canadian SB5 Record holder-Canadian SM 4001+ Record holder

Ok, cool I also have the port on the left side of the box. I was thinking of putting it in the center in this next build just because I want to seal off the box from the trunk. Current box isn't sealed off, so then I would be able to get more of the lower notes by lowering the tuning. Is there a program that I can download that can show what the frequency response is like before I build the new box?

2006 Toyota Corolla

2 12" Fi BTL N3's

AQ3500d.1 (bass)

Kenwood mids, tweets & 6x9's

Kenwood 2 & 4 Channel Amps (mids & highs)

160 amp alternator

Big 3

Alot of 0 awg power and ground wire

www.youtube.com/mastagoof

Guest grim83

there are a few out there that will give you a rough idea like winisd but none of the ones i have seen take into account the vehicle its in which will have alot to do with the results