3 Power Cell Wiring, Alt, Amp

Have a question for you guys. I am getting a few XS batteries, D3400 (for under the hood), and (2) XP3000's (Waiting for the group buy!!!) for in the trunk. I have a 300amp Iraggi Alternator, yes it works wonderfully, that I bought a few years ago, and the instructions included with it said to NOT ground the alternator directly to the battery. Instead to bolt it down regularly, then ground the engine block... while I have read others and Mechman say the complete opposite for performance reasons. I want to see what you think about that. Maybe Iraggi alts are different, idk, that isn't my area of knowledge.

Also here is my design setup in mind, with the connection of the two XP3000's and amplifier wiring. I am not sure whether the best choice would be to hook the amplifier up to the last power cell in the line or the one connected right to the car battery..?? Also, should I fuse between the amp and the power cell it is connected to?

**The dual 300amp fuse I believe is enough for the DC 5k and Rockford Power 400-2.**

**All wire is Knukonceptz Kolossus Fleks 1/0 Gauge**

This is for Alternator ground directly to battery.

alttobattery.jpg

While, this the is current setup (minus the power cells of course), with the Alternator grounded to frame.

alttoframe.jpg

Thanks in advance for looking and helping me out!

-Jim-

Car: 2011 Ford Taurus SEL / Alt: DC Power 270XP (Will be here 7/17!!!)

Deck: Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH / Amps: (1) DC 5.0k, (1) RF T400-2

Speaks: RF T2652-S 6.5" and RF T1692 6x9"

Subs: (2) DC XLm2 15's / Batts: (2) XS XP3000's

Wiring: Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0 (2 runs)

When I asked Iraggi, I got an interesting response. He replied that grounding the alternator to the frame, when the amp/power cell is also grounded to the frame, there would be in fact lest resistance. This doesn't apply if you have a negative wire running from front battery to power cell however.

Car: 2011 Ford Taurus SEL / Alt: DC Power 270XP (Will be here 7/17!!!)

Deck: Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH / Amps: (1) DC 5.0k, (1) RF T400-2

Speaks: RF T2652-S 6.5" and RF T1692 6x9"

Subs: (2) DC XLm2 15's / Batts: (2) XS XP3000's

Wiring: Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0 (2 runs)

Archived