Second Skin Audio

DC LV4 12" in a sealed box

ToddB

Need to know how well a DC Audio Lv4 12" will work in a sealed box. This is going in a 2011 Camaro convertible. When the top is down the maximum height of the box can only be 8'' It can be up to 22" wide and 24" long. I plan on having this box down firing with 1" spacers on the bottom. I would love to do a ported but don't know if i can port it out the side. I am new at building boxes. Thanks

your gonna need more than an inch for the excursion of a lvl 4. i think the surrounds sits close to 1inch while not playing....

can u do anything angled? be creative when designing the box because as it sits now i dont think u can do it with a 12" sub.

Do u already have the lvl 4?

2 DC 12" lvl 4s

1 DC 1.2k

XS Power S3400

big 3

Alll KNU wire

Pioneer HU

cheapo Legacy coaxes (just for now)

dc-audio-you-should-get-there-is-no-try-just-do-thumb-1.jpg

I can build the box angled . 7.5" up front and about 11" in back for the height. Up to 19" deep and 23" wide. These are max dimensions for one sub woofer. I am going to put one on the right and one on the left side of the trunk. I will wire the coils for each 2 ohm sub in series for 4 ohm. Then in parallel to the amp for a 2 ohm load.I already put in 4 sets of component speakers up front with 150 watt per ch amp. just need some low end now. I have not built a ported box before. I am a welder/fabricater so i can build just about anything with a plan. Been doing car stereo for 20 years. Thanks for the help. Ps I dont have the subs yet. I got prices for 2 lv4 12" subs yesterday.

Archived