Second Skin Audio

Help picking out new subs

even if it's a common chamber.

ok thanks i will go with a sealed box then.

actually i'd save your money on equipment and build a ported box for one sub. should get just as loud as the sealed box.

shoot me a PM if you have any questions or need a design.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

even if it's a common chamber.

ok thanks i will go with a sealed box then.

actually i'd save your money on equipment and build a ported box for one sub. should get just as loud as the sealed box.

shoot me a PM if you have any questions or need a design.

I have a question maybe you can answer. I hear sealed has tight bass and port is more boomy but then again port can also go boom and have tight bass. Is that the difference between the 2?

That's just a myth in my opinion. Either box can have either quality, and in some cases, both qualities. if that makes any sense.

Ported boxes are undoubtedly louder than sealed. how much louder depends on a lot of factors, but to generalize, a lot of the times a ported box with one sub will be just as loud to the ear as 2 in a sealed box.

sealed boxes do have their place. but i think people get too caught up in the idea that sealed boxes sound better and ported boxes sound sloppy, which, frankly, isn't true.

ported boxes can sound great if built right. they can keep up with heavy metal drums and still kill the low notes in hip hop/rap music.

i'd argue to say that 90% of how a subwoofer sounds comes down to the box it's in.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.