Sundown Audio

Amp Goes in Protect Mode....

MegaMan93

10s and 9s are deff not good voltage readings man your basically demanding power from your amp that it isn't supplied to give to you...get rid of the cap and up grading your electrical!

What Should i upgrade first?

Upgrade ur wiring to 0 gauge, get an extra battery and look at a mechman or dc alternator.

Sounds like it's time to upgrade your electrical.. Going down to that low of voltage isn't good on anything, not just your amp!

Where should i start? I did the big 3 upgrade. What else should i do?

alternator upgrade and maybe an extra battery for that amp? What size wire did you do your Big 3 with and what size alt do you have now?

I did the big 3 with all 0 gauge and i have a stock alt.

We don't have alot of neighbors so we can blast the stereo.

10s and 9s are deff not good voltage readings man your basically demanding power from your amp that it isn't supplied to give to you...get rid of the cap and up grading your electrical!

What Should i upgrade first?

Upgrade ur wiring to 0 gauge, get an extra battery and look at a mechman or dc alternator.

Im running 2 gauge wiring throgh the whole car. and 0 gauge for the big 3. You think i should just get a bigger battery for the car period.?

you may be clipping the shit out of the amp too. oh yeah, and remove the capacitor. big battery in the back should do well

edit: where are your grounds bolted to? this could be a problem too

Edited by Kranny

do the big 3 in 0 gauge. get a big agm style battery and put it in the trunk and wire it with 0 gauge to the front battery. dont play full tilt at idle

where can i get a good agm battery for cheap? Money is tight right now. :(

you may be clipping the shit out of the amp too. oh yeah, and remove the capacitor. big battery in the back should do well

edit: where are your grounds bolted to? this could be a problem too

What do you mean by clipping?? I have the ground to the top of the trunck right under where my 6x9 are.? is that bad?

lol try to put all ur questions in one post calm down! clipping is basically when you have your gain up too high on the amp and it causes distortion its horrible for the amp and speakers too.... if your tight on money look at carquest extreme ngt batteries they're relatively cheap come with a great warranty and you can get them at carquest retailers...as for your ground problems try grounding it somewhere else and see if it makes a difference thats the easiest way to fix that

Edited by BEEMDUB

your entire car runs on 12v and its connected in line with the amp... what it sees the car sees

why would you subject your vehicle to that much voltage drop... your car has to bog down, lights practically flicker off and i bet the amp is hot as hell

before you spend money, educate.

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg