Sundown Audio

Alpine type r 12 help

ZeroxD

neither one is "better" it's all about matching it to your amp. d4 can be wired down to 2 ohms to match a 2 ohm stable amp, or d2 can be wired down to one ohm to mach a one ohm stable amp. before you buy, i'd consider getting this sub instead of the alpine. it will take more power than the type R. just overall a better sub

Hes leaning more towards SQ rather than SPL bro. Not sure about the sub you linked, was just giving you a heads up. Hes gotta pretty big budget. Did you get my dimentions btw CVX?

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

Alpine is a bit pricey. . .like 412 said you can find some other subs for a much cheaper if not the same price and get more bang for your bucks. Take a look at Sundown Audio subs and amps. They make pretty good stuff and they are pretty cheap too. The SA series are pretty good and the SAZ series of amplifiers are pretty good as well. Not trying to compare anything ok. Just letting you know that there are more stuff out there to look into before you make a final decision on what to buy.

Ohm wise. . .2 or 4 really depends on how many subs you plan on running. . .if you say your running one for now then you can go with the dual 2 ohms so you can parallel them down to 1 ohm. but only if the amp is able to push at 1 ohm. If its not then get the dual 4 ohm and wire it down to 2 ohms. If you aren't sure then while looking up the specs of the amps on the website of the brand your looking at. . .be sure to try and find the ohm rating at which it is able to play and how much power it can give you at that ohm rating. Confused?

if you get the Dual 2 option. this would be a decent starter amp

this would be a better amp.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Hes leaning more towards SQ rather than SPL bro. Not sure about the sub you linked, was just giving you a heads up. Hes gotta pretty big budget. Did you get my dimentions btw CVX?

honestly most of how a sub sounds comes down to the box it's in.

i got your dimensions. i'll look more into it tomorrow.. it's late lol.

the sundown SA line would be a pretty good way to go too. a little more expensive than the obsidian, but the SA line has better cooling. should be a little more tolerant of abuse.

either way you can't go wrong.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

That's what i'm here for :)

OP feel free to message me with any questions.

avoid a prefab enclosure at all costs (they all suck)

build yourself something solid like this

amprackiso-1.png

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.