Sundown Audio

BOSS Amps?

RAGU408

i have a boss phantom ph5000D 1800 rms running 2 dual 4ohm 10's alpine type r's an on the owners manual it says its stable at 1ohm??but ive been doing some reading on this forum an alot of people have been saying that alot of the cheaper amps aint stable at 1ohm?? is it really true? witch i do have them wired down to a 1ohm load but do you guys think it will perform better if i had em wired down to 2ohms?http://www.bossaudio.com/auto/car-amplifier-remote-subwoofer-level-control-phantom-ph5000d/

Definitely wont perform better at 2 ohms, if its not protecting at 1 ohm leave it there. In the meantime start saving for a better amp.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

alright thanks.. i was just asking because on some sites it says that amp is not stable at 1ohm but no it is not going in to protect so yea ill just leave it. an yes i em in the process of selling it an getting a better amp.. an also im currently looking for some one to build me a custom box since i have a shitty pre fab sealed box..

you cant wire two dual 4 woofers to 2 ohms anyway. its 1 ohm or 4. sonicelectronix says amp is 1 ohm stable. has 4 40a fuses with 4 gauge. probably the first pa amp ive seen that has an rms rating realistic with its fuse amount.