So i have a macbook pro 13 in. and it has served me reliably for almost a year and a half. It has done everything i could ever ask and more until recently..

im not much of a pc gamer, but recently got into minecraft and i cant even play online with my friends. it sucks and i always have to quit. It just lags so much i cant play.

Anything i can do to make my laptop a little more gamer friendly? Or should i just buy a pc

I have tons of music and quite a few photos and videos/movies on here. How would you go about this situation as i dont know much about computers

thanks for any and all help

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

You could try and clean it up with ccleaner. If you can upgrade it you could look into that (apple upgrades are usually pricey).

What i recommend is getting a windows pc. They are more geared for gaming.

yeah i think i might wanna get a pc, but i dont wanna pay for a new laptop.

anything i can do cheaply?

whats a ccleaner?

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

Mac OSX has an odd implementation of Java. Unfortunately, due to Minecraft being coded in Java, these oddities in implementation cause that jittery and lag-spike-ridden gameplay you're dealing with. Adding RAM won't help it. Actually, no hardware upgrades will do anything. Using something other than Mac OSX is really the only option in terms of playing it the way you want.

Your best bet is to either partition the hard drive and install Windows/Linux in a Boot Camp configuration or go download Ubuntu onto a flash drive and boot your computer through that when you want to play.

Boot Camp setup:

http://manuals.info.apple.com/en/boot_camp_install-setup.pdf

Ubuntu:

http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/download

I'd personally go the Boot Camp with Windows 7 route because it's gonna be easier to do if you're not too tech savvy. The Boot Camp route will chew up about 20-30GB of your hard drive for Windows though and will require a Windows disk. The flash drive route won't take up any hard drive space but it will require a flash drive at least 2GB and a little more software knowledge.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Mac OSX has an odd implementation of Java. Unfortunately, due to Minecraft being coded in Java, these oddities in implementation cause that jittery and lag-spike-ridden gameplay you're dealing with. Adding RAM won't help it. Actually, no hardware upgrades will do anything. Using something other than Mac OSX is really the only option in terms of playing it the way you want.

Your best bet is to either partition the hard drive and install Windows/Linux in a Boot Camp configuration or go download Ubuntu onto a flash drive and boot your computer through that when you want to play.

Boot Camp setup:

http://manuals.info....stall-setup.pdf

Ubuntu:

http://www.ubuntu.co...ubuntu/download

I'd personally go the Boot Camp with Windows 7 route because it's gonna be easier to do if you're not too tech savvy. The Boot Camp route will chew up about 20-30GB of your hard drive for Windows though and will require a Windows disk. The flash drive route won't take up any hard drive space but it will require a flash drive at least 2GB and a little more software knowledge.

ohh nice thanks a lot. well i just cleared 60 movies off my hard drive so that freed up some space. i remember i almost tried to do the boot camp route when i first got it, but didnt need to. ill def look into it now thanks!

Where do i get a windows disk?

damn that looks really complicated lol

Edited by Trey_Dog650

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

ndjs.jpg

You'll have to go purchase one. Or you could even try the Virtual Machine route.

Virtual Box, VM Ware, or Parallels would work almost the same as boot camp but its running while Mac OSX is running. But you'll need a Windows disk as well

1998 Ford Contour

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P8400BH

Front/Rear Door Speakers: Alpine SPR-68 (Type-R 6x8)

Door Speaker Amplifer: Kicker ZX650.4

Subwoofers: 1 SSA Icon 12"

Amplifier: MB.Quart 1.1500d

Second Battery: XS Power D925

The only free (and still legal) way to do this is with Ubuntu on a flash drive or through Boot Camp/Virtual Box. Using Windows and/or using Parallels/VMWare Fusion will cost you money. I sent you a quick PM.

I still maintain that a 25GB partition with Windows 7 using Boot Camp is best (and easiest) for someone who's not super tech savvy.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt