Sundown Audio

Installing a 4CH amp on 2CH connection?

I have ordered a few pieces of my build that I am going to be installing when it gets warmer outside (Michigan weather, no garage)

I have a Pioneer http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_32848_Pioneer-AVH-P2300DVD.html?SearchClickout%5Bquery_id%5D=7067923&SearchClickout%5BIgnore%5D=1

I also bought a http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_27474_MB-Quart-ONX4.125.html?SearchClickout%5Bquery_id%5D=7068036&SearchClickout%5BIgnore%5D=1

My question is how do I wire up the amp from the HU? I read that you just run the front and rear RCAs to the amp and the rest is easy. The problem I see is that my HU doesn't have 3 sets; only 2. I have never run a 4CH amp before so I am new to this. I am also running a second amp (class D) on my 2 SA-12s.

I have been searching a little but I figured asking might yield a more specific answer. Thanks.

2004 Pontiac Vibe Build

Sony MEX-N5000BT

JBL P660C x 2

Sundown Audio Zv4 18

Crescendo BC2000D

Crescendo S800/4

Execution Audio 0 AWG Wire

Sky High Car Audio RCA's

Toolmaker Terminals

XS Power D1200

DC Power 240HP Alternator

Viper 5706

On that MB Quart amplifier it has a little "Mode" switch, all you need to do is set it to "2". Then run your front RCA from your headunit to channel 1/2 of your amplifier, your amplifier will then use the signal from your front two channels and repeat them in the rear two.

Then run your second set of RCAs from your headunit to you bass amp.

Edit: No need to buy splitters like in the post above, your amp already has the built in feature to use one set of RCAs for 4 channels.

http://www.gpsfever.com/upload-folder/MBQuartOnyxAmplifierManual2010.pdf

Go to page 6, and then read the part about the mode setting on your amplifier.

Edited by Migz

Thank you so much!!! You just saved me a HUGE headache. Karma points all around.

2004 Pontiac Vibe Build

Sony MEX-N5000BT

JBL P660C x 2

Sundown Audio Zv4 18

Crescendo BC2000D

Crescendo S800/4

Sky High Car Audio RCA's

Toolmaker Terminals

XS Power D1200

Viper 5706

Thank you so much!!! You just saved me a HUGE headache. Karma points all around.

No worries, i found out the hard way with my old amplifier, it had a setting just like that one but i didn't see it. So i had a mess of RCA cables being split and then running round in circles to and from amplifiers. Just for me to realise that there was a simple switch to run 4 channels using only 2 channel signal haha.

Bridges the 3/4 channels. I think youd need another set of RCAs for that though. Dont think you can have it on 3 and only have RCAs going to channels 1 and 2.

Should I be running 2 runs of RCAs from the HU to the trunk? Or can I use the "Output" of the MB Quart amp and put that on the sub amp?

2004 Pontiac Vibe Build

Sony MEX-N5000BT

JBL P660C x 2

Sundown Audio Zv4 18

Crescendo BC2000D

Crescendo S800/4

Sky High Car Audio RCA's

Toolmaker Terminals

XS Power D1200

Viper 5706

You can use the output of your MB amp if you want to.

Although id rather just run two sets of RCA cables. Front to 4 channel amp, and then set the second set to Sub on your headunit instead of Rear and run them to your sub amp. I don't know if theres any disadvantage with just using the output on your first amp though, id just do it the second way because thats how i roll haha. But if the first is easier for you just go for it.

Edited by Migz