1999 Dodge Ram Spring Break Re-Build

Hey guys it's spring break so it's time to start working on my truck again. For those that do not know I drive a 1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Ext. Cab 5.9L Laramie SLT. It may be old but it's only got 45K miles on it. Anyway I plan on removing everything and rebuilding from the ground up. I will be using the same equipment and box, but I will make everything neater and more professional. Over this weeks break I plan on repainting my box, carpeting my amp rack and rear seat combo, installing SDS CLD Tiles, Plasti dipping all chrome and silver parts, along with either an exhaust install or new headlights and hids (or both). Along with these upgrades and installs I plan on adding plenty of additional add-ons to this setup over the next few months.

Lets begin with the original picture of the truck (this is just a pic. from online, but is the exact same truck as mine rims and all)

1999-Dodge-Ram-1500_07_a9f3783843312fb73cebd0f80ad9a3d5.jpg

The first thing I did was strip down all things inside of the truck to prepare the metal to be cleaned and covered in SDS CLD Tiles. All doors are exact reverse replicas so there is no need to show both sides.

Front doors

DSC_0863.jpg

Back Doors

DSC_0864.jpg

Floor

DSC_0867.jpg

DSC_0868.jpg

DSC_0870.jpg

Back Wall

DSC_0869.jpg

Roof

DSC_0874.jpg

Pictures will be posted when I have the time to upload them so they may be a few days late.

1999 Dodge Ram 1500 Ext. Cab 5.9L Laramie SLT

FI BTL 15 (UFO Slug)

Crescendo Audio 3KWP

Alpine AVH-P4200DVD

Rockford P1692's

P1653's

60 sq. ft. SDS CLD Tiles

KnuKonceptz Kolossus 1/0

Karma SS 8 Gauge

Just a few more pictures I sent to Don at SDS and asked him to label where I should place each tile. Great fast response and I love how he wants the best for everyone by providing excellent services and products. Back to the pictures.

All photos are edited by Don to show future CLD Tiles locations.

Front Door

max4.jpg

Floor

max1.jpg

Back Wall

max2.jpg

Roof

max3.jpg

FI BTL 15 (UFO Slug)

Crescendo Audio 3KWP

Alpine AVH-P4200DVD

Rockford P1692's

P1653's

60 sq. ft. SDS CLD Tiles

KnuKonceptz Kolossus 1/0

Karma SS 8 Gauge

nice truck

i prefer the look of 100% coverage tho on the deadener bc i never put my headliner back in after i apply deadener

Yea I wanted to do full coverage, but saw no need in wasting money that I don't really have so I went with what would give me the best results with the lowest cost. Should have pictures of CLD tiles layed out later today. I had a lot more than what he placed on the pictures so I just put it wherever I thought it was needed.

FI BTL 15 (UFO Slug)

Crescendo Audio 3KWP

Alpine AVH-P4200DVD

Rockford P1692's

P1653's

60 sq. ft. SDS CLD Tiles

KnuKonceptz Kolossus 1/0

Karma SS 8 Gauge

Here's some pictures of the SDS CLD tiles installed. Just from the sound when tapping the doors and roof seems it like it's 100X better.

Floor

DSC_0889.jpg

DSC_0887.jpg

Roof

DSC_0888.jpg

Back Wall

DSC_0886.jpg

Rear Doors

DSC_0884.jpg

Front Doors

DSC_0883.jpg

DSC_0879.jpg

Edited by BTL15

FI BTL 15 (UFO Slug)

Crescendo Audio 3KWP

Alpine AVH-P4200DVD

Rockford P1692's

P1653's

60 sq. ft. SDS CLD Tiles

KnuKonceptz Kolossus 1/0

Karma SS 8 Gauge

Some pictures of everything reinstalled. I plan on removing the box and amp rack/seat when it warms up again to carpet and repaint the box.

DSC_0897.jpg

DSC_0893.jpg

DSC_0890.jpg

DSC_0891.jpgDSC_0892.jpg

DSC_0894.jpg

DSC_0895.jpg

DSC_0896.jpg

FI BTL 15 (UFO Slug)

Crescendo Audio 3KWP

Alpine AVH-P4200DVD

Rockford P1692's

P1653's

60 sq. ft. SDS CLD Tiles

KnuKonceptz Kolossus 1/0

Karma SS 8 Gauge

is the mdf seat cubby for batteries or what? i am also thinking of deadening my car with some deadener. i want to cut down the road noise on the freeway and also stop things from rattling, lol.

1983 Bmw 320i 5 speed 251000 miles on it

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Hifonics BRZ-1200.1D for sub in a 1.7ft^3 ~33hz ported box

Pioneer USB stereo

Bass knob integrated into old fading switch (Sneaky)

Lowered on H&R sport springs with bilstein sport shocks (2" drop and handles like a dream)

Leave him be. He's just talking shit and laying on his bathroom floor listening to Dashboard Confessional. Let nature take it's course and pump this chick in the butt. Let her know who's boss.

is the mdf seat cubby for batteries or what? i am also thinking of deadening my car with some deadener. i want to cut down the road noise on the freeway and also stop things from rattling, lol.

I originally and currently have it just as a storage space, but I will make it my new battery bank once I buy the batteries and I will probably replace this storage with a stealth black toolbox. As for the CLD tiles I couldn't be more pleased with the results. If your trying to stop road noise your going to need more than CLD tiles. I would recommend you email Don at SDS and he can tell you exactly what you need to best fit your needs.

FI BTL 15 (UFO Slug)

Crescendo Audio 3KWP

Alpine AVH-P4200DVD

Rockford P1692's

P1653's

60 sq. ft. SDS CLD Tiles

KnuKonceptz Kolossus 1/0

Karma SS 8 Gauge

Ok. No matter what, the build is coming along nicely.

1983 Bmw 320i 5 speed 251000 miles on it

Sundown SA-12d2

Big 3

Optima 75-25

Jensen hlx600 150x4 amp

Hifonics BRZ-1200.1D for sub in a 1.7ft^3 ~33hz ported box

Pioneer USB stereo

Bass knob integrated into old fading switch (Sneaky)

Lowered on H&R sport springs with bilstein sport shocks (2" drop and handles like a dream)

Leave him be. He's just talking shit and laying on his bathroom floor listening to Dashboard Confessional. Let nature take it's course and pump this chick in the butt. Let her know who's boss.