Second Skin Audio

How many areo ports needed and wat size for four 15"s, 19 cubes net.

With the dimensions that you gave us, if the box is all single layer, then you have 20.42ft3 gross, if all is single ply with a double ply top then you have 19.78ft3 gross, and if the whole box is double ply then you have 17.67ft3 gross.

Depending on the power that you have, you would be looking at wanting about 3.5-4ft3 net per sub after sub and port displacements.

Which of the 3 options that I posted is how your box is built?

With the dimensions that you gave us, if the box is all single layer, then you have 20.42ft3 gross, if all is single ply with a double ply top then you have 19.78ft3 gross, and if the whole box is double ply then you have 17.67ft3 gross.

Depending on the power that you have, you would be looking at wanting about 3.5-4ft3 net per sub after sub and port displacements.

Which of the 3 options that I posted is how your box is built?

Appreciate the help,,, I went out and bought 13ply birch wood, and the box external dimensions are 43w. 36.5l. 25.5h., I'm using .75 thickness for the wood. Double baffle on top. I was thinking if I did regular ports, I probaly would do two ports that would equal 220 square inches of port with a vent length of 23 inches. Take in mind my port will be on top of my box. I'm looking for a tuning around 33hz. Any advice??????

Edited by Bassilove31

As far as power wise guys I will be using two sundown 3500s and to be honest guys I really don't want to use these subs I want something different , plus I'm selling them anyway. But this is the biggest box I can get in my jeep that's non walled. I was looking at either four havoc 15"s, four fi bl15"s, Rockford t2 15"s or something else.

That gives you 19.96ft3 before any displacements. And roughly 19.12ft3 after sub displacements.

You have too much airspace to use aeros

I would use a standard slot port across the bottom 6.5"h x 37"w x 22" l

This will give you 15.33ft3 net tuned to 34.85hz with 15.89in2 per ft3 of port.