Alternator noise is killin me!

I had a thread last week about my alternator noise, many people posted with suggestions about to do and ive tried literally everything. Moving grounds, grounding rca's at the headunit, i even spent 30$ on knu shielded rca cables nothing worked. I went as far as buying a new headunit and that didnt help. Its gotten to the point where im figuring it has to be the amp, there are 2 rma's on the back of my aq 4x90 so its had trouble before, i have been battling with this noise for almost 2 weeks and it is insanely frustrating i cant use my new equipment. EDIT: i havet yet to ground the rca's on the new head unit but i really doubt its going to help it wil get done though

Edited by Tebo

04 dodge dakota ext cab 4x4

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

I had a HUGE problem with alternator noise in my car. I fixed it by:

1. running power directly from the battery to the head unit with a floating ground (both + and - were ran to the battery) - this fixed the majority of the issue

2. setting my gains properly - this fixed the rest of the issue

Edited by Jaloosk

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

I have a dd1 so that isnt an issue i will try running the power and ground asap!

excessive amperage 300 amp alt with MONSTER stud =)sundown z v3 15 in a 4th order on aq2200sundown 100.4 2 way active...2 Prv audio 6mb200 & 2 re XXX tweetersdeka intimidatorkenwood x396big 3 1/0 knu wire back to deka intimidator

Just tried that and nothing! everything i try i get my hopes and it fails again.

EDIT: grounded rcas again and nothing. I did notice that when i plug my rcas back into the head unit (only the 4 channel rca) the first one i plug in theres a little pop coming from the speakers and it goes away once the connection is made fuilly

Edited by Tebo

have you tried changing your source? plug an ipod directly into your highs amp and see if the problem goes away.

Edited by Jaloosk

"Cheap, good or fast. You can only pick two out of three."

"Have money? Love story! No money? I'm sorry."

Trying that tomorros morning also moving ground to the strut tower

Tried some more shit today, i ran rca from the amp to 3.5 directly to my ipod no noise. So the noise must be getting from somewhere in the front of the car, near the headunit. I have a buddy that is getting my two rca level ground loop isolators later today

i have same problems.ground loops ddint help me. just screwed the output of the signal to the deck. tell me hot it wrks out,i have bad noiseonly when rcas are in amp. i also bought a new deck.

Lucky Durango

Sony hu

4 croosfire 6.5mids

crossfire 600.1 mono amp

American bass 1280.4 mids and highs amp

aq hdc3 12

2.4 cube net box, tuned to 34 and 14.4 inches of port per cube

i have already bought a new deck. outout of the signal of what? I found that my antenna wasnt connected so i hooked it back up everything was working i set the gains low for testing and it worked fine with no noise set the gains with dd1 and noise is still there. wasnt abl;e to get ahold of the noise filters.

Edited by Tebo

What does it have to do with the DD-1? Are you saying if you turn your gain(s) down, the alt noise goes away? Then do that! (not trying to be sarcastic, just practical)

Big 3 with 1/0 welding cable, dual runs of 1/0 and 2gua F-R

DD 2512 D2 powered by Audioque 1200d at 1ohm, 2.5ft^3 ported to 36Hz

Boston SX 6.0 comps powered by Phoenix Gold M50 for front stage

Silver Flute 8" midbass in doors powered by Alpine 3539

Alpine CDA-117 HU