Stuff needed for becoming a DJ.

So your buddy just gave you the checkbook to a bank account with 25k in it and told you to go to town?

Damn.

Was just thinking that...

Y'know op... it is my birthday coming up....

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

So your buddy just gave you the checkbook to a bank account with 25k in it and told you to go to town?

Damn.

Was just thinking that...

Y'know op... it is my birthday coming up....

Lmao.

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]

You're kidding me right? Even the top DJ's in the world don't do 5 gigs a day. You're lucky to get 5 a month...Do you really expect a party/dance/wedding/etc. every day? Not even the largest sound companies do 5 gigs a day, even with all their equipment...

Four words: Get the fuck out. I'm not trying to be a dick, but you're dreaming WAY too big. $25k is NOT going to be enough to do what you're wanting to do, regardless of if you do "5 gigs per day". $25k is good enough for a decent setup, but you better be ready to jack the prices up, because two of you setting up a half decent DJ system 5 times a day is going to get tiring: you're going to need (not want, NEED) help.

As a matter of fact, I'm sitting in one of the top recording schools in the entire country right now, in front of several professionals who operate their own sound companies. Guess what? They're teaching 5 days a week, not doing 5 gigs a day. The only possible place you could get 5 gigs a day is Japan, if you're lucky. Sorry dude, but you need to look again. Look at it has a hobby. If you have the money to pay everything off now & don't mind if it all goes down the hole & you don't get it back, then you're going to be fine. But look again. A halfway decent PA system for gigs (typical 2x12/2x15" tops & 2x18" subwoofers) will cost you a minimum $3,000 (pending on if you go active or passive, I would know, that's the cheapest decent sound system, and I have it.)

But hey, if you want to blow 25 grand and be disappointed, be my guest. Don't come crying back to us when you go head first into the concrete...

/rant

POTATO!

You're kidding me right? Even the top DJ's in the world don't do 5 gigs a day. You're lucky to get 5 a month...Do you really expect a party/dance/wedding/etc. every day? Not even the largest sound companies do 5 gigs a day, even with all their equipment...

Four words: Get the fuck out. I'm not trying to be a dick, but you're dreaming WAY too big. $25k is NOT going to be enough to do what you're wanting to do, regardless of if you do "5 gigs per day". $25k is good enough for a decent setup, but you better be ready to jack the prices up, because two of you setting up a half decent DJ system 5 times a day is going to get tiring: you're going to need (not want, NEED) help.

As a matter of fact, I'm sitting in one of the top recording schools in the entire country right now, in front of several professionals who operate their own sound companies. Guess what? They're teaching 5 days a week, not doing 5 gigs a day. The only possible place you could get 5 gigs a day is Japan, if you're lucky. Sorry dude, but you need to look again. Look at it has a hobby. If you have the money to pay everything off now & don't mind if it all goes down the hole & you don't get it back, then you're going to be fine. But look again. A halfway decent PA system for gigs (typical 2x12/2x15" tops & 2x18" subwoofers) will cost you a minimum $3,000 (pending on if you go active or passive, I would know, that's the cheapest decent sound system, and I have it.)

But hey, if you want to blow 25 grand and be disappointed, be my guest. Don't come crying back to us when you go head first into the concrete...

/rant

Ah no feelings hurt here.

It's not going to be a job. More like side pocket money. We have 3 guys here who already know how to use the equipment and everything.

It doesn't hurt to dream =)

New build coming soon. [center][url="http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/3/sigtoo.jpg/"][img]http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/9541/sigtoo.jpg[/img][/url][/center]