DD-1 Wont Pick up Signal

Hi Guys

i got my DD-1 about 2-3 weeks ago ive tried using it to see my max volume for headunit, i did everything the book tells me to do, the dd-1 says its on but i start turning the volume up and it wont pick up the signal from my headunit, im using the headunit's rca output into the dd-1's input and nothing. than i tried doing it through the speaker output and the black clip on the amps ground and nothing aswell.

so than i thought try out setting the gain for my amp and stop about 5 away from max volume the headunit does (just to see if it will pick up a signal) did everything the same as the book tells me and nothing again will not pick up a signal through my amp either.

Any ideas why this is happening ?

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

Sky High Car Audio Cable Throughout

Do You have your Subsonic all the way down and HPF all the way up? Also try connecting the black clip to the setscrew on the amp negative and the red one in the speaker output like it says?

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

yes subsonic is down all the way and my amp doesnt have hpf just lpf which i have all the way up ?? and did the red probe thing in the speaker + output and the ground on the screw on amps negative and still nothing

Pioneer deh-80prs2 10" Tantric Sounds HD's Ported Box Tuned to 33hzSoundqubed 3500.1Hertz HSK 165Tantric Sounds 6.5" Coaxials80sq ft of MurdermatXs Power D3400 & D3100

easy way to test if you have a bad unit is to test the speaker outputs on the hu itself.if nothing still then contact tony or steve.not sure on the email address,but im sure they will hook you up proper.

xbox 360 gamertag-greenrocks420

Not insulting you or anything, but did you just call us "bloody winging fairies" ?

easy way to test if you have a bad unit is to test the speaker outputs on the hu itself.if nothing still then contact tony or steve.not sure on the email address,but im sure they will hook you up proper.

Will do

What brand HU do you have?

i have an alpine and i had to turn my sub level to + 15

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

i have a kenwood kdc-x895 so i might just give it a go at +15 aswell & have not tried it through another amp so will be doing this tomorrow on gf's system. if all these ideas fail any others as i dont want to be setting my gains by ear :( ??

I guess you could in theory to twat the dd-1 only. Put the volume at around half. Hook the dd1 up to amp as if your going to test the amp max gain setting and with the speaker outputs disconnected turn up the gain on the amp to see if it gets a signal from the amp. Also did you test the headunit through the amp? It says that some head units dont have the required output so i would look into that. Finally there is a thread in the headunit section where it stats the max unclipped volume of a lot of headunits i would look into that as well.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee LaredoPioneer AVH- 3200DVD2/0 Flex-A-Prene Welding Cable

(2) Fully Loaded Fi Sp4's dual 1-------> My YouTube Channel <-------

Needs more power those woofers will laugh at that turd

i was having the same issue with mine

but it turns out i couldn't get good enough contact from my rca's to the dd1 it self. so i bought a right angle rca adapter

image-pc3.jpg

1 of these solved all of my issues

not sure if it will fix your problem but worth a shot to try =]

http://www.stevemead...f-system-build/

2001 VW GTI with a 1.8T motor

BIG 3

Pioneer AVH-4200DVD DOUBLE DIN HEAD UNIT 6 - 4 VOLT PREOUTS

RF T1500-BDCP (running at 2 ohm)

RF T400.4

RF T1 D212 x2 (in ported box)

RF 1/0 TO 4 GAUGE distribution block x 2

all stinger wires

200a alternator (SINGER ALT)

RF T2652-S (6.5 MID BASS AND 1" TWEETS in front and rear)

KINETIC HC 800 BATTERY (Front)

KINETIC HC 1200 BATTERY (BACK)

120ft of 1/0 stinger blue and clear matt

20ft of 4 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

30ft of 8 gauge stinger blue and clear matt

100ft of 12 gauge stinger speaker wire black