Sonic Electronix

its easy to say do it. in reality it takes fucking HOURS upon HOURS upon HOURS of labor to get everything installed properly. you cant cut corners with multiple kilowatts worth of power. if you fuck something up or dont take the right precautions, you'll fucking something major up more than likely.

its easy to say do it. in reality it takes fucking HOURS upon HOURS upon HOURS of labor to get everything installed properly. you cant cut corners with multiple kilowatts worth of power. if you fuck something up or dont take the right precautions, you'll fucking something major up more than likely.

By saying "Do it" I ment get started haha. Gotta start somewhere, might as well start putting the hours in sooner than later.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

I'm well aware. That's why I'm asking for information..

I'm well aware. That's why I'm asking for information..

He was replying to my "Just do it" comment, wasn't aimed towards you.

Check out my build log:

For amps I would look into brands like sundown, AQ, DC... thats just to name a few. For how much wattage, what I would do is add the RMS of each sub together, then add 500 per sub. So lets say they do 1500rms each.. thats 3k. Then add 1000 (500x2). That's 4k. So you'll need an amp (or amps) that can do 4k rms. The reason I add 1000 is because those subs can EASILY push an extra 500 rms each if you know what you're doing. You also want your amp to have some breathing room. So if you want to buy an even bigger amp, that would be even better. Mechman makes great alts as well as DC Power. You should do the big 3 in 0ga wire (which you can find a tutorial for here: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/13280-how-to-do-the-big-3-tutorial/)

After you do the big3, you can have your alternator installed by a shop or your dealership even... as long as you tell them to use the upgraded wire you should be fine.

Then you need to start planning your enclosure size. When that's done, see how much room is left. Then start measuring the space for batteries. Put at least 2 or 3 supplimental batteries in. You will need lots of power to get those DD's to their full potential.

You can do a lot with 5-6 grand. You came to the right place to save money and do it right.

2010 F150 FX4
-18" AA Mayhem
-Crescendo BC3500d
-Pioneer GM-D9500F 4-channel
-2 Crescendo FT1

-2 Crescendo Neo Forte 6.5

-Pioneer AVH-P3300BT
-6000K HID Headlights/Fog lights
-All LED interior lighting
-20% tint on front windows, 1% rear windows, 5% windshield strip
-Big3 (XSFlex 0ga)

-DC Power 270XP

-Group 65 NorthStar AGM battery

Coming soon/plans:

-Build log
-Blacked out mirror reflectors
-Tinted tails/3rd brake light

For amps I would look into brands like sundown, AQ, DC... thats just to name a few. For how much wattage, what I would do is add the RMS of each sub together, then add 500 per sub. So lets say they do 1500rms each.. thats 3k. Then add 1000 (500x2). That's 4k. So you'll need an amp (or amps) that can do 4k rms. The reason I add 1000 is because those subs can EASILY push an extra 500 rms each if you know what you're doing. You also want your amp to have some breathing room. So if you want to buy an even bigger amp, that would be even better. Mechman makes great alts as well as DC Power. You should do the big 3 in 0ga wire (which you can find a tutorial for here: http://www.stevemead...big-3-tutorial/)

After you do the big3, you can have your alternator installed by a shop or your dealership even... as long as you tell them to use the upgraded wire you should be fine.

Then you need to start planning your enclosure size. When that's done, see how much room is left. Then start measuring the space for batteries. Put at least 2 or 3 supplimental batteries in. You will need lots of power to get those DD's to their full potential.

You can do a lot with 5-6 grand. You came to the right place to save money and do it right.

Thank you a LOT for this. You don't think I could get away with my stock red top and a D3100, do you? I was thinking about getting a Stetsom 7k if I could find prices or a place to buy them. I'll probably pay someone to draw up enclosure plans for me once I get the car and the dimensions. I don't want to wall completely because I enjoy seeing out of my rear view mirror.

For amps I would look into brands like sundown, AQ, DC... thats just to name a few. For how much wattage, what I would do is add the RMS of each sub together, then add 500 per sub. So lets say they do 1500rms each.. thats 3k. Then add 1000 (500x2). That's 4k. So you'll need an amp (or amps) that can do 4k rms. The reason I add 1000 is because those subs can EASILY push an extra 500 rms each if you know what you're doing. You also want your amp to have some breathing room. So if you want to buy an even bigger amp, that would be even better. Mechman makes great alts as well as DC Power. You should do the big 3 in 0ga wire (which you can find a tutorial for here: http://www.stevemead...big-3-tutorial/)

Thank you a LOT for this. You don't think I could get away with my stock red top and a D3100, do you? I was thinking about getting a Stetsom 7k if I could find prices or a place to buy them. I'll probably pay someone to draw up enclosure plans for me once I get the car and the dimensions. I don't want to wall completely because I enjoy seeing out of my rear view mirror.

You couldn't go off stock man, nothing at all stock. Basicly hes saying those brands base there RMS at a very safe level.. they can be played well above that if your smart about it. Bigger amp will help you a ton, that way your amp's not working so hard to push whatever it has to push.. DC FTMFW I think ;) grab up 2 level 5's and you'll be on your way.. :) Sundown, AQ, more of the brands you'll find on here will do over rms rating.. If you want you can PM me if you have some questions on electrical, been learning alot on it actually I'd be willing to help always on the forums.

Check out my build log: