Second Skin Audio

Orion xtr124 off 1000w

I have two Orion xtr124s running off a 1000w kenwood amp they hit really hard and are great the ? I have is how big of an amp can I put on them with out them being eaten. Also I have in front door Rockford speakers with tweeter and super tweeter and in the back kicker with a tweeter in them any suggestions on how to make those louder? I have a 350w amp laying around collecting dust as well.

My box is a dual port. Each sub has it on enclosure. The speakers r just plugged into where the old p.o.s. stuff used to b I'm not sure if its on the head unit?

The amp I have on them now is a kenwood bridgeable(sp?) 1000w it pushes them hard but I'm sure that's not all they got to give.

Is your box a pre built from a factory? I'm not sure I would recommend a larger amp for your subs without knowing more about your enclosure. Of course you could run a bigger amp but it may just destroy your subs. Can you do a little research or take some pics of your set up? Need to know your box specs, what size wire your running, alternator amperage and type of car.

Also it sounds like your running your door speakers off of your head unit. You can defiantly add an amp to these but I recommend running new speaker wire to each one. But first lets see if we can get some pic of your set up, then we can get you set up correctly.

I have a 2001 Honda civic lx 4 door. My box is prebuilt I'm not really sure on the size of it I know it's about 30-32" wide bcuz of the two 12s. It's an after market alternator bcuz my old one went out. How would I go about putting the little 350w on the speakers? I have this wire piece that has four wires trailing of it and it plugs into the back of the amp.