Second Skin Audio

Is this the right idea of a T line?

well keep it the same width, but in the process you shorten the two bends... it's difficult to explain but basically you just have to measure down the middle of the port and cut off the width until you get the right total port length. there's a method i use so it's not so guess and check but i can't really explain it.

well keep it the same width, but in the process you shorten the two bends... it's difficult to explain but basically you just have to measure down the middle of the port and cut off the width until you get the right total port length. there's a method i use so it's not so guess and check but i can't really explain it.

i kind of understand what you are saying.... So cant i just get the port length and divide it by 3 and maybe shorten the height a bit? will that work? Im just trying to get familiar with the t line enclosure and want to try something new :)

well.. not really... you have to measure it down the middle of the port... go see how they did it in the T-line tutorial

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

alright. Im just gonna redesign a t line enclosure, but this time for a 10". I think that the 5" wont really do anything :) so let me see if i can get this right

Ok so i got the math done,

For my 10" with a fs of 30hz and the sd of 9 inches

the port length will be 9.415 ft long

and the port area that iis constantly needed is 60 sq in.

From here, what should i do? do i just have to do trial and error to determine the box dimensions?

how many square inches of port do you need?

for example... if you had a driver with an sd of say 50 sq inches, you can make a port that's 5x10, 4x12.5 etc etc

then measure down the middle of the of the port and then it's guess and check from there

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

for example... if you had a driver with an sd of say 50 sq inches, you can make a port that's 5x10, 4x12.5 etc etc

then measure down the middle of the of the port and then it's guess and check from there

well i have a 10" sub that needs 60 sq in of port. Also, what do you mean by measuring from the middle of the port? I read over the

Quarter Wave / T-Line tutorial-UPDATED

and it said nothing about the middle of the port, that's what im confused about

Ohhhhhh!!! I understand now! i thought that black line was the actual placement of the wood! now i understand! So now i just have to make a continuous port with 60 sq in and measure down the middle of the port! Thanks man! ill try and post the results later! :)

alright! so i got my box design now.

Height=15 in

width=33.68 in

depth=17.13 in

port height=13.5 in

port width=4.71 in

port length=112.9 in

I measured from the middle of the port and got 112.9. So im perfect with the port :) here is a pic of the box :) just want an approval of my design! :)box.jpg

Kenstlinedimensions.jpg

a 6" length 45 is too much for this, that is restricting the airflow. When I did mine I made the center of the 45 the same distance from the corner (diagonally compared to the ports) as the width of the port. Im not sure if this is the best way but it won't be restricting airflow and it is assisting in changing the direction of the air