Sonic Electronix

sq and spl set-up in 2010 vw jetta tdi

hey all just looking for some opinions on a good sound quality set up also with stout spl. i want to use the factory touch screen system because its so clean. currently I'm working with:

1 audiocontrol lc6i

1 cadence zrs c7 mono amplifier

1 alpine mrp-f250 4 channel

2 cadence zrs 12" subs 4 ohm svc/ sealed box

1 audiocontrol dqxs

1 aux battery- xs power d6500

so far its sounding really good even if I'm using factory hu and mids and highs. planning to upgrade to component speakers later on. its just i have this thing on in back of my head that it can hit just a little bit harder. I've tried to use a ported enclosure( which did not meet the specs to the subs...) and the lows and the feel was there but the sound quality just went down the drain. i was reading a couple other forums on different set-ups with people that have trunks. my rear seats do fold down but i don't really want to fold them down. i do have a center console that i remove from the rear seats that opens up to let air through.....i was kinda thinking of building a ported enclosure with the port coming out of that center console. let me know what your opinions are...im open to all

Your title tells me you know nothing about either subject.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Spl and Sql setups are two completely opposite things. you cannot have both.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

First question I want to ask is this a MK5 or a MK6?

formerly known as Blue86f150

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

Spl and Sql setups are two completely opposite things. you cannot have both.

Ok...for my sql set up...would there be anything I can do to make it bang just as much as a spl set up? Ex. Bigger box, better subs? All gains seem to be on point by setting up with the audiocontrol system. Haven't tried with an o-scope

Alright, same as mine. The factory 3 and tweet are in a great location, the mid on the other hand sucks balls. I just upgraded my front speakers to some Hertz HSK 163's using the factory crossover for now, need to get another 4 channel amp then I will install my alpine h701 to get things to sound like they should. The best numbers to date that I have gotten out of mine is a 145.5 at 43hz with 2 RE SEXXX 12's on a sundown 3k. That was with a too small of a ported box. To me it sounded great, but probably wouldn't sound that great to you. The ski hole is definitely a nice touch to help get the sound in from the trunk (don't have it on mine). Try a new box and that should help.

If you like some help I can help design a new box for ya. Since I have the same car I can get the measurements from mine and help ya out.

its a 4th order just because its tuned in the 40z doesnt mean it wont reach down and jiggle your balls at sub 30 hz frequencies.

Regardless if they were dipped platinum and were stuffed in Beyonce's twat.....way too fucking exspensive

this sux camel dicks

Alright, same as mine. The factory 3 and tweet are in a great location, the mid on the other hand sucks balls. I just upgraded my front speakers to some Hertz HSK 163's using the factory crossover for now, need to get another 4 channel amp then I will install my alpine h701 to get things to sound like they should. The best numbers to date that I have gotten out of mine is a 145.5 at 43hz with 2 RE SEXXX 12's on a sundown 3k. That was with a too small of a ported box. To me it sounded great, but probably wouldn't sound that great to you. The ski hole is definitely a nice touch to help get the sound in from the trunk (don't have it on mine). Try a new box and that should help.

If you like some help I can help design a new box for ya. Since I have the same car I can get the measurements from mine and help ya out.

Ill take any help i can get bro...much appreciated...Yes I totally agree with you with everything...especially how much the mids suck in the 10 speaker system. The factory crossover kinda sucks too...unless you get a system with dyna audio in it. I just think I'm alittle confused with this spl and sql term. I just want a system that hits clean like a sealed box and also hits low like a ported box. Maybe I just need a well built ported box properly tuned.

By the way when you built your box did you still have any room to take out your spare tire?

When I had the 2 12's yes, not easy but could get it out if needed. Now I built a false floor and moved my amps to the floor instead of on the box like I use to have. Needless to say I dont have a spare tire in my car currently. I work with in 3 miles of my house (I work as a delivery driver for a pizza place) and if need be can go home and pick up my tire if something was to ever happen. If I go on long road trips I will now throw the spare in the back seat just in case something happens. I also have AAA and have a 100 mile tow radius, and never really go outside of the 100 mile radius lol. I'll put some pictures up here in the next few days of what my trunk looks like to give you an idea what I'm working with.

this sux camel dicks