Second Skin Audio

SYSTEM FINALLY IN! couple issues I need help with though

Ok so I finally got my system in (2 sa-12 d4s, bxi2607) and for the most part everything went pretty good but I have a couple questions...

1.Sub (I think the right one) Is making like a clicking noise on the low notes?

th_8e7cbe11.jpg

2. My voltmeter only has a pos and neg wire and its on the amp inputs so it is on CONSTANTLY even when the car is off I know the answers prolly no but can that effect the battery in any way?

3. I'm kinda a noob at setting gains I played the subs at a moderate level and played with the gain and other settings, the gain is at about 2/3 because I only have a stock battery right now...Unfortunately my box just barely goes over the crease that allows my false floor to lift so I can just barely lift that up to get my hand in so I had to take pics and vids of the settings lol here they are.

00038507.jpg

Sorry the video below is horrible I know I tried my best but its upside down lol so If you can make anything of the knobs picture them upside down

th_eb20e2a6.jpg

My voltage is also pretty bad it sits in the 13's and when the subs hit it was dippin pretty good into the 12's.....I figure I'll only play them for one song max with a break to recharge in between the next song when I crank them so I don't rape my battery and alt does that sound right? Also should I "break them in" or just start playin em full go?

Edited by BEEMDUB

I wouldn't mess with it at full tilt, you don't ever wanna drop your voltage below I'd say 13 if you can.. dipping into low twelves runs the risk of messing up your new equiptment.. I'd wait till you do the big three if you haven't already, or get another battery before playing them at full tilt again.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

I wouldn't mess with it at full tilt, you don't ever wanna drop your voltage below I'd say 13 if you can.. dipping into low twelves runs the risk of messing up your new equiptment.. I'd wait till you do the big three if you haven't already, or get another battery before playing them at full tilt again.

Yea I have the big 3 in but yea thats what I thought its gonna be tough to have that in the trunk and not play em tho lol

Yea I have the big 3 in but yea thats what I thought its gonna be tough to have that in the trunk and not play em tho lol

You can play them, just play them at a safe level.. a level in which your volts don't drop below 13.

Check out my build log:

alright sounds reasonable

Think about it this way.. better to be pacient than mess good equiptment up right? That's why I'm getting battery, and wire before my amp. So it's not tempting to try and play it ;P

Check out my build log:

CC1 bro

CURRENT SYSTEM

(VEHICLE) 2005 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE

(HEAD UNIT) KENWOOD KDC BT848U

(DASHBOARD) INFINITY KAPPA 32.9CF

(FRONT DOOR) JBL P693

(REAR DOOR) KENWOOD EXCELON KFC-X1730

(TWEETER) KICKER KS25 X 2

(SUB WOOFER) COMING SOON

(4 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1000-4ADCP

(1 CHANNEL AMP) ROCKFORD FOSGATE T2500BDCP X 2

(PROCESSORS) AUDIOCONTROL DQXS & EPICENTER & MATRIX PLUS & DDC

(BATTERY) 1 OPTIMA YELLOW TOP

(SIGNAL WIRES) KICKER XI

(POWER CABLES) KICKER PKD1

(SPEAKER WIRE) KICKER 12 GAUGE

(INTERIOR) DYNAMAT

COMING SOON

2 FI SP4 18 COMING SOON

2 XS POWER XP3000 COMING SOON

DC POWER 270XP ALT COMING SOON

alright sounds reasonable

Think about it this way.. better to be pacient than mess good equiptment up right? That's why I'm getting battery, and wire before my amp. So it's not tempting to try and play it ;P

Yea haha I should have done it that way too, I should only be a couple weeks away from a hc2000 though!

CC1 bro

Yea which I could afford one right now :(

just a little update, the spudering/clicking noise was air leaks around the sub..I taped them off and am going to go get some weather stripping asap....also I hooked up my DMM to my amp and it reads almost a volt higher than my voltmeter?

Edited by BEEMDUB