Sundown Audio

Cheap Amps?

bigtimedesigns

It is very cheap..That is why I have 2 for my next build haha..

Well I can't say for sure, but I know the A3000db does, and I know that with my PS2-2600, it is rated at only 540 RMS x 2 @ 2 ohms, my subs are 1000 rms each and it pushes them hard, i scored 148.5 on tl and my whole set up cost around $800.

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg

I wouldnt run those amps if i were you. I have plenty of experience with the power acoustik line-up those amps dont do near rated power. the ps1-5500d does about 1100 watts before it starts clipping. There was a thread on roe that showed a full benchmark and test on em. The ONLY decent lines from power acoustik are the Gothic series. Ive ran a few of these and while they arent bullet proof they take a beating and have done me just fine. And the Axxxxdb series I'm running the A3000db for my sub right now. It puts out fairly dirty power 5-10% THD there is a noticeable difference in distortion between this amp and the gothic that it replaced. Both of those series are mildly overrated but IMHO OKAY amps for the money.

The rest of their amps are moderately to heavily overrated(more than 2-300 watts) and i would not run personally.

For 300 you can get the a3000db which is a better deal imo it puts out a good 2000 watts and is good down to 0.5 ohm and is damn near bullet proof

I had an MA Audio 4400 watt amp and it was a horrible amp, it would randomly turn off, then eventually it kept heating up one of the voice coils on one of my subs and then it was toast. Maybe I just had one of the bad ones haha.

Not enough power to it?

Gain to high?

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

Well I had that amp powering my two 15" MTX 5500s which are only 600 peak 300 rms each and the amp was running at two ohms so it was pushing out around double the recommended power and the subs handled it for about a month till i got rid of all of it. And I am not sure what the gain was set at or anything I had it all adjusted at sound solutions when i got it installed.

2000 Ford Explorer XLT

-20" RVM "Buck" Wheels

-2.5% Tint

-CompuStar Vizion Alarm

-(4) Infinity Kappa 680.7cs 5x7"

-1 XStatic BatCap Model 300

-2 18" DC LVL 4's

-Amps are undecided

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpg