Scion Tc daily driver to show worthy project.

yeah ive been doing stereos for over 20 years . i was never an SPL guy never will be. SPL is kinda childs play for me at this point just more amps and subs lacks the finesse of SQ. ive heard SPL systems that literally made me wanna vomit they were so loud... not sure why someone would wanna hurt themselves or be that uncomfortable... SQ on the other hand is meant to be enjoyed... with the gear i have believe me if i want you to hear the bass i hit a button and you know theres bass... but i prefer quality . yes i do have a lot of patience and the more i get into this the more things i buy to make the system better.. in the end it will be awesome.

Finally got around to driving with the SPL meter. on slow,40-70 dba the min was 54.0 the max was 57db. The median was 55.25 db and the average was 55.5db. This was recorded at 35-45 mph on 2 lane roads. I will tr and do a highway run monday. That is without any interior panels with the current shown sound dampening. I am trying to get someone with a stock scion to let me go on a ride along to judge the Db then redo it as i get my panels back on.

I am from Florida, noticed the Disney obsession. Most people in my state have a burning hatred for Northerners, but because of the car you can come on down! :P

yeah they are noisy buggers... and i still havent taken the headliner down so i can address the wind noise past 50mph of the glass roof

Also, I think you need to just buy a BMW haha.

I'm gonna hate

Nahhh if I wanted a BMW I'd have a new one. But I wouldnt be able to do all the mods I'm doing on this one I bought the scion as a second reliable, fairly economical and in expensive car. Once it was paid off it was an easy choice to start modifying it as a third vehicle. I've worked for BMW and while quiet they aren't as quit as my scion will be. Modifying a BMW would take money away from me Home theater and my aweseome den and custom gaming pc. Only so much money to go around lol

Nahhh if I wanted a BMW I'd have a new one. But I wouldnt be able to do all the mods I'm doing on this one I bought the scion as a second reliable, fairly economical and in expensive car. Once it was paid off it was an easy choice to start modifying it as a third vehicle. I've worked for BMW and while quiet they aren't as quit as my scion will be. Modifying a BMW would take money away from me Home theater and my aweseome den and custom gaming pc. Only so much money to go around lol

Understood, though nothing has a presence quite like a clean, blue BMW. I rather like the Scion thus far, seems to be shaping up nicely and it would be a joy to hear your system, too. I have no love for cinema so no home theater to eat up my money. I do love keeping a gaming PC, currently I have an all liquid cooled Corsair 800D stuffed with 3 GTX 580s with full cover blocks, an MSI Big Bang XPOWER, an i7 970, and 24gb of RAM.

Why the burning hatred for northerners? I don't hate anyone just because they are from a different part of America.... An American is an American as far as I'm concerned

Because a lot of them don't know how to drive. Owning a small business, I love all the extra company in the wintertime! Those who live locally and those from up North are my wonderful customers too :)

As for that other bit, I can't say I'm much of a nationalist, plenty of Americans I don't care for. Of course it happens that I'm a Brit myself- expatriated a while ago and am now a citizen here in the US only.

I'm gonna hate

I'm a fan of the BMW 6 and 7 series but I don't think BMW can compete with mercedes, Cadillac and Lexus at the below 70k price tag. Nice gaming machine btw and I I think dooch baggery knows not race or color lol they are everywhere. I wish more. Programs used more than 16 gigs I also have 24 and it's not used . Are the 580's water cooled?

I'm a fan of the BMW 6 and 7 series but I don't think BMW can compete with mercedes, Cadillac and Lexus at the below 70k price tag. Nice gaming machine btw and I I think dooch baggery knows not race or color lol they are everywhere. I wish more. Programs used more than 16 gigs I also have 24 and it's not used . Are the 580's water cooled?

For now just two of them, I'm waiting on my last full cover block but I've considered just selling the card. It's a bit of overkill, as with the RAM, but I get my parts cheap through work so I went a little too far. I'm with you on the Bimmers, can't touch the 6/7 series but below that- I'd buy an Audi or CTS.

I'm gonna hate

Archived