major computer problem need help

so this morning we had some cloud to ground lightning anyway lightning struck the power pole in the yard. can this cause the pci express slot to fry on the motherboard? I have already took my videocard and have them test it was fried so i went and bought another one. It wil boot fine hard drive works but it will black screen when using the videocard graphics.Now when using the onboard graphics it will run smooth. o yea i have the computer hooked up to a 51 inch 3d tv and now my hdmi hookups on the tv are fried. need help really bad with this one am i going to have to buy new motherboard cpu combo?

There's a possibility it fried the PCIe slot and there's a possibility it reset the BIOS. If you go into the BIOS and look around a bit you should find an option that lets you choose your primary graphics adapter. If that's set to "onboard" or "integrated" and not "PCIe" then it will force your machine to use the onboard graphics and won't support video through your addon graphics card. You should just be able to toggle it to "PCIe" and that should tackle it. If the option is set to "PCIe" already then the slot may be fried or the BIOS may have to be flashed again.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

it's possible the surge went through your LCD back to the card. But for the most part I agree with Maxim. I'd try something else in the PCIe slot if you have anything...

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Sucks to hear it took out parts of your build. Hopefully you can get it up and running again soon!

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

tried 2 diffrents cards no luck. atleast i can sell the quadcore processor it still works

that sucks. what proc u running?

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.