tuning eq after using dd-1

How would you set your eq after using the dd-1? Could you turn the eq up or will it clip since they will be set at different frequencies? I have a pioneer dvd4300 along with a audiocontrol eqx. Do you guys think i should use both (HU eq and eqx) or do I keep my HU at flat and use the eqx? I have been playing around with using both and noticed that my system have a better sound...lmk what you think

should have set the eq all at 0 before setting with the DD-1 and then only attenuate the different bands for adjustment, dont boost anything and you will be fine.

and i would say keep the HU flat and use the audiocontrol for the eq.

Edited by rogue

I did no have the chance to hook up my dd-1 yet... I just wanted some input on setting the eq just so i prevent clipping... the only thing that i was looking on changing was maybe the higher frequencies cause i like my highs crisp.

Edited by nosho47

should have set the eq all at 0 before setting with the DD-1 and then only attenuate the different bands for adjustment, dont boost anything and you will be fine.

and i would say keep the HU flat and use the audiocontrol for the eq.

this is correct.

if you use a dd1 you cannot boost anything in the signal without clipping

sundown_audio_logo-1-1.jpg

I did no have the chance to hook up my dd-1 yet... I just wanted some input on setting the eq just so i prevent clipping... the only thing that i was looking on changing was maybe the higher frequencies cause i like my highs crisp.

The way i would do it is to adjust the other bands down and leave the higher bands at 0. there should be no bands higher than 0 on the eq once the gain is set with the dd1 since they will then be getting more than the highest amount possible before clipping. If you boost any of the bands they will see some clipping once you reach the maxium volume established with the DD-1. Its like turning it all the way to max unclipped volume and then turning some bands even higher. The DD1 will only see the clipping at 40 and 1000hz so if you are messing with other frequency bands you may think you are safe and in reality you are not.

Thanks for all the help... i tuned it today with the dd-1 and cc-1 and all i can say is WOW!!! The system sounds really clean and clear... The wierd thing is that for some reason my tweeters was not working... once i got it tuned, the tweeters started working... these things are the real deal and love it.