Sundown Audio

RF 200ix VS P2002

Niz

Hi all, new user here! After 13yrs of being out of car audio (money, kids, etc), Im slowly getting back on my feet with this and have a question for you.

I am currently running a 10" kicker cvr (dvc, 4ohm per vc, 300w rms/ 600w peak combined) and have 2 amps to run with on this. Neither of them appear to be designed to run a 2ohm load, which is what i need, so which one do I go with and how should I wire it up?

The Kicker is in a single bandpass, Im not sure if it is currently wired in 2ohm or dual 4ohm. I will try to get the plexiglass off later and check. My first attempt on it failed since everything is air sealed, and i didnt want to pry it off.

I currently have the 200ix hooked up, bridged, and it seems to do just fine, regardless of whether or not the sub is wired for 2 or 4 ohm. The 2004/2005 model P2002 (black with the chrome covers) I got in a trade. He tried convincing me that its a 600w amp, but I never found proof. I only took the trade bc I gave a PSP for the rims, the amp was just a bonus. But now Im curious on which way to go. Ive done my homework as far as basic specs for each one. Ive also found the massive amounts of threads across the web about the 200ix being under rated, but I have found nothing on the P2002 being under rated (wouldnt assume that I would, being a 2004 model). Should I just keep the 200ix on it and save the P2002 for my 6x9s later on? what should i do? how should i wire it? sell both and get a 600w mono thats stable @ 2ohm??

Archived