How to get more db with 1 12"... tricks and tips

just to clarify something....ground zero amplifiers....are power hungry....had the same amplfier as you and it was too much, even with the big 3.....

so i bought the DD M1b and it is as it says.....their amps are beasts...

so..get better electrical as said above, a better amplifier, and some nice box..

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

Yesterday i was tested. I've made 142.7 db on the test song (I dont know its name) on not working car. There wasn't big difference in working or not working car i think it was about 0.2 db. I've made most of the system with Throw it up - Lil John - 143,7 db and Soulja Boy - Booty meat 143,6db. The guy who was testing me said that my electricity sux ( so as you guys). This was with my box at the moment - 36hz tune 90liters. When we put in the bigger box (40hz tune , 110liters) there was just 0.2 db more. We dont know what to do. The most interesting thing was that when we remove the bass boost from the amplifier there was +0.5db . What was going we dont know. After A LOT of tests we've set the old box because it hits with only 0.2db less but it is coated. Because i've noticed that when i use 36hz tuned box the hit was ot 47hz i've decided to try some tones to see what is the maximum of my sub for the moment - 143,7 (on 47hz tone). So is there more what to do to get better score? I was thinking to put resin on the whole box insine on the walls to make the air pass by easier and thats it. I have no money on buying a new battery at the moment. I can find another battery but i'm not sure is it gonna fit in the battery slot.... What can i do more? Is this good result?

P.S - Last year a guy with the same sub and 2kw amp (i dont know what brand it is) with Audi A3 made 144db.

Today i've decided to enstreghten my box. I've added 16mm MDF to the bottom,back and upper walls. So now my box is made of LDF (low density fiberboard i think is the name of .....) with 36mm front wall (from the LDF material) , 16mm LDF +16mm MDF for the bottom,back and upper wall and 16mm LDF for the side walls. I will coat the inside of the box with very smooth surface vinyls to make the air flow easier. Hope this will give some results. What can i do more about it?

EDIT : I'm not sure about that the LDF is the name of the material. I've made some researches and i think it is "chipboard" or something. In bulgarian is "material of wooden parts" or something like this...

EDIT 2 : Here are some pics of what is going on after some of the changes : http://kensound.snimka.bg/hobby/needle.665701.26860416 The box needs more work on it!

• 2 weeks later...

Stick to MDF lol, not Low density

My box is made from Low density but not it is covered with MDF too. So now i have 2 front (from Low density) , back (Low density + MDF) , bottom (Low density + MDF). And the box is filled with vinyls. I've made my port inside some kind of curvy for better air flaws. What else i can do?

Okay, good on the port,

but,

the front part (the baffle) is supposed to be the strongest, and you should definitely have MDF there. But you get good numbers, so I don't know.

in a million, trillion, kabillion years,i would never play that song in my ride. I don't care if its clipped or not LOL. I feel like my nads got clipped after playing this for 15 seconds just to see what it was LOL.

No thanks bro. Not into it.

Archived