How to get more db with 1 12"... tricks and tips

Hi! There will be SPL competition so i decided to participate. I have 1 12" Ground Zero 12xdii. I think i can get more of it because i dont think i passed this 100hours of listening to get its maximum :D So my question is what can i do for get more db from this sub. Here are some videos in the description i've typed everything about my setup :

I was thinking to make a new box after measuring the sub. This box was made for everyday use. So i was thinking for some box for example tuned to 47hz for the competition. I was thinking to give some bass boost from the player despite the fact that there will be THD i was thinking that for 15 seconds nothing gonna happen. What are you thinking about? Can you give me tips and tricks? Sorry for my bad english !

Best thing to do is wait for your break-in period to be done, you can free air them in your home if you wish. Have you done the big 3 upgrade?

Is that your inline fuse by the amp?? If so it should be no more than 12" from you battery.

Have you thought about adding an extra battery so your voltage doesn't drop so low?

As for making a new box, well give it a try if you want to change the frequency.

Just make sure you dont destroy the old box incase you dont like the way the new one sounds :nuts:

P.S. Sounds like you could use some sound deadner, poor hatch is gonna rattle apart :drink40:

Click here to visit my UBL!

My feedback thread.

Best thing to do is wait for your break-in period to be done, you can free air them in your home if you wish. Have you done the big 3 upgrade?

Is that your inline fuse by the amp?? If so it should be no more than 12" from you battery.

Have you thought about adding an extra battery so your voltage doesn't drop so low?

As for making a new box, well give it a try if you want to change the frequency.

Just make sure you dont destroy the old box incase you dont like the way the new one sounds :nuts:

P.S. Sounds like you could use some sound deadner, poor hatch is gonna rattle apart :drink40:

Thank you for the fast answer! I have 2 fuses one that is about 40 cm from the battery and it is 300A and this fuse is for the amp and it is 150A. I know that this fuse will blow first and there is no need for the second one but safety first. I was not thinking of adding more money in this music for batteries and so on. I have biggest cables for Battery and the ground. Everything is changed. My battery is 72Ah / 510A bulgarian battery named Iskra. How i can use this amp and subwoofer at home? How can i play it because i dont have home amp. Many of my friends does have but they are 70W for example and they are 8oms. I will not destroy the box. The new box will be made only for the competition because this 47hz (for example) will be awful bass but with bigger SPL! Give me some other tips. And please explain how to connect the woofer at home!

Don't need to connect it at home. Just play it in your car and it will be good !

do the big3, and the 2nd battery idea is a good one. you really need to work on your electrical system. You have too much voltage drops. (unless the engine was off).

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

The car was running... Everything on the electrical system i think is perfect. Everything is changed to 50 mm^3 (incl the ground of the battery) and i'm absolutely sure that everything is tight. Just the battery is not so good. What can i do? What is this big3 ? What will happen if i bass boost it from the head unit (without taking care of the THD)? And what about putting my seats down when measuring?

Bigger battery, your voltage sucks. Better box. Try a 4th or 6th order. Much more gain with a single sub.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Archived