Sonic Electronix

Dirty power.

now that is hilarious, even if the amp has dirty power at HALF everything it would not smoke a sub in the time it takes to turn it from 0 to 25, unless i was throwing a cpl of thousand watts at least to the sub, and as you so elegantly put it how could a "shittypipe" amp do that

Half everything? So you had bass boost up and all that jazz then? Even more so a reason.

The sub won't magically mess up by unhooking two wires from one block of metal and reattaching it to another block of metal.

Yeah only at that specific frequency. When only not in a box iirc. When in a ported box, impedance is highest when playing at box tuning. The box plays the biggest role in overall impedance rise. Not the sub lol

And you can't say that it has a relatively high imp rise or whatever. You have to measure it with clamp meters and shit. Otherwise you're just talking out of your ass.

I think you are getting free air and box mixed up :)

Impedance is lowest as the box tuning point, but if the sub is free air - impedance is highest at it's Fs

i may have been wrong on that point as i have not been able to test subs in multiple boxes but it still doesnt change that i got a 2.5 ohm rise when i clamped the first amp and sub

Edited by jrchevy87

Half everything? So you had bass boost up and all that jazz then? Even more so a reason.

The sub won't magically mess up by unhooking two wires from one block of metal and reattaching it to another block of metal.

no half gain and half volume i didnt set the boost as i didnt know what frequency i needed the boost(it has a variable bass boost frequency)

You thinking you need bass boost tells me right there you haven't been doing this for very long.

Haha x2 this. That tells me everything right away. That and half gain.

You thinking you need bass boost tells me right there you haven't been doing this for very long.

Bass boost is good for boosting frequencies that arent loud enough and I know better than to add too much boost. But none of this is relevant to the situation, even with everything maxed and half volume I don't see this amp pushing enough power to fry the coil instantly. I could see it detaching the surround or "spider" or breaking a tinsel lead from over excursion but none of which happened. And I should've reworded my previous post as I didn't know where I needed the boost or notand at what frequency I may have needed it at

Edited by jrchevy87

Bass boost is good for boosting frequencies that arent loud enough and I know better than to add too much boost. But none of this is relevant to the situation, even with everything maxed and half volume I don't see this amp pushing enough power to fry the coil instantly. I could see it detaching the surround or "spider" or breaking a tinsel lead from over excursion but none of which happened. And I should've reworded my previous post as I didn't know where I needed the boost or notand at what frequency I may have needed it at

I'm out of this now.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/