Sonic Electronix

I ordered a pioneer champion pro 12 (TS-W3002D2) and i had it hooked up to my hifonics zues 5 channel without any problems, i got my sx 18 in and swapped the 18 for the 12 and hooked the 12 to an audipipe apsm 1500 and as soon as i turned it up the amp fried at about half volume, so i checked everything out and final impedience ran in series was .2 ohms so i took the sub out and checked the impedience of each coil and they were reading .3 apiece, the sub is under warranty but i was wondering if the warranty also covered damage done(fried amp) by the sub shorting out.

send the sub back for sure. .2 ohms will definitely fry an amp

call the manufacturer or whoever you got it from and tell them your amp fried b/c the sub wasn't the right impedance. they should cover the sub, but the amp probably not

in the future, check with a DMM before you hook it up

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

send the sub back for sure. .2 ohms will definitely fry an amp call the manufacturer or whoever you got it from and tell them your amp fried b/c the sub wasn't the right impedance. they should cover the sub, but the amp probably not in the future, check with a DMM before you hook it up

The pioneer was dual 2. Wouldn't have came with .3 coils.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

exactly what i was saying, the sub shouldn't have been reading .3 ohms per coil. call the manufacturer and tell them about it.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

exactly what i was saying, the sub shouldn't have been reading .3 ohms per coil. call the manufacturer and tell them about it.

I would imagine the sub blew too. He said he checked everything afterwards.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

I had a d2 Champ. Pro 12 for a month on 1200 watts, it burned out after maybe 10 hrs. of play on it. You fried the sub, and the amp. It's probably not a manufacturer defect. But I do think those subs have cooling issues.

2005 Subaru Outback Wagon Pioneer 9400BH Fi Q 15, SAZ1500dV3

The first build>>> http://www.stevemead...-outback-build/

140.9 @ 36hz Sealed on dash!

REBUILT!!! 2 Fi Q 15s, 2 SAZ1500dv3 146.9 @ 39hz dBDRA certified

the coil isnt burnt at all, i dont smell it and the most watts i had on it was around 750(i forget the exact number but those subs have a relatively high impedience rise) and it fried the amp after the two seconds it took to tun the volume to 25 with the gain down

Edited by jrchevy87