What's up? I followed Steve's videos and he basically got me into car audio. I rebuilt my system three times because I didn't do it right either of the first two times. I jumped in a little over my head because I really didn't know what I was doing, but practice makes perfect. So this is my 1997 Saturn SL2.

IMG_1605.jpg

I've upgraded the deck to a JVC KD-HDR70 with a HPF on 55 hz.

IMG_1611.jpg

My 4-channel amp is a Power Acoustik 1600/4 wired to 4 ohms (mids) and 2 ohms) highs. That will soon change though :)

IMG_1617.jpg

My subs are 2 kicker comps at 8 ohms a piece, wired in parallel to a Monoblock Memphis 500w RMS amp.

IMG_1621.jpg

IMG_1629.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

My mids are 6.5" Selenium midrange drivers and they're tucked away neatly in the door. My rear doors don't actually have stock speaker ports, those are on the rear deck.

IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

My tweeters are Precision Power PT.2 Bullet Tweeters. They are LOUD and clear :)

IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1631.jpg

I'm running stock electrical, an 8 AWG power wire from the battery to a distribution block in the back with 8 AWG ground wire as well. Of course the remote wire from the head unit to the amps as well.

That's basically it. It's clean, simple, sounds good. I haven't had it metered, but I know it's at least 120 DB. I'd guess around 125-130, but that is a very amateurish guess haha.

IMG_1625.jpg

The Box was designed and built by me. It's sealed at about 3 Cubic Feet. I felt like these terminals on the back would make a nice addition. I still haven't carpeted or painted this thing haha. Probably won't because my new system is going in over the summer :)

Basically, that's it. It's nothing all that flashy and it gets the job done. Here is a sneak peek at what's going in over summer. (because of my limited budget, I can only buy so much at a time. I think many of you can relate to that ;) so this is only part of the mids!)

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nktv4BVfPnY&list=UUgPJ21oxiy40tPfLoqkthdg&index=2&feature=plcp

Yes, these are my 2 15" Kicker Comps. I really don't like them but hey they're loud for the time being. More videos to come and pictures as I begin my new build in four weeks :) :) :) :) :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUEsQcRVM6Y&feature=youtu.be

Here's a comprehensive look at how everything sounds. It sounds nice in person, no distortion at all.

God damn I miss my satty. So easy to get loud!

Sub'd to this build!!! Moar please!

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

Just an update to keep updates coming. Here's my (nearly) final list of items:

(8 ) MMATs Pro Audio PA800.8 8" Midbass (I have 8 )

(4) MMATs Pro Audio PA600.8 6" Midrange (I have 0)

(8 ) Power Precision PT.2 Bullet Tweeters (I have 2)

(2) JL Audio 10TW5 Shallow Mount 10" Subwoofer (I have 0)

(1) Fi BTL 18" Subwoofer (I have 0)

(1) Power Acoustik BAMF 1250/2 (I have 0)

(1) Power Acoustik BAMF 1600/4 (I have 1)

(2) Power Acoustik BAMF 5500/1D (I have 0)

(1) Kenwood (I have 0)

(1) Clarion EQ (I have 1)

(3) XS Deep Cycle 14v Batteries (two in the trunk) (I have 0)

(1) 370A Mechman Alt :) (I have 0)

1/0 wiring thoughout

8 AWG for the subs

16 AWG for the mids/highs

*Edit* I'm thinking about different Amps. Anyone have any suggestions? Rockford is too expensive FYI. I'm thinking maybe JL amps at this point? But I'm open to suggestions.

I figure I'll just keep this list up here on the front page and keep updating it as I acquire more and more equipment. Most of my stuff will be bought in May-June But I will be working long before that.

I've already uploaded pics of all my equipment above. Everything but the kickers and the seleniums will be used again somewhere.

So big update for today! I sold my tweeters (they weren't amplified and really weren't very loud) Sold my Memphis Amplifier, My busted Soundstream amp, and some stuff arrived in the mail :) Some stuff I bought last week but it didn't arrive until today. They are 2 MB Quart 4" midrange drivers, 1 Kicker CVT 10" (Just to play with for a little while lol. I may buy a second and use them instead of the JL audio 10" that I'm thinking of) and a whole packet of 1/0 Ring Terminals. Remember, I don't have a large budget and I can only buy small amounts of things at a time, so this is a big day for me haha. Anyways, I just need to sell my Kickers and Seleniums and I'll be ready to begin the build! :)

SOLD!IMG_1690.jpg

IMG_1692.jpg

I wonder what it is.....

IMG_1693.jpg

I'm probably going to need more......

IMG_1695.jpg

Let's open it!

IMG_1698.jpg

:megusta:

IMG_1699.jpg

Nice.

IMG_1702.jpg

I like what I see...

IMG_1704.jpg

:popcorn:

IMG_1706.jpg

Keep it coming!

IMG_1708.jpg

I'm not a huge Kicker fan, but they pack their stuff really well.

IMG_1710.jpg

More wrapping.

IMG_1712.jpg

That is a SEXY woofer! (Shallow Mount ftw)

IMG_1713.jpg

Eh, the JL drivers are more shallow. We'll see..............................

IMG_1715.jpg

Single 4's? sure!

IMG_1718.jpg

I wish I could make these into a coaxial lol.

IMG_1719.jpg

big difference! Good thing the Kicker isn't going on my dashboard! That would not be a good idea :fool:

So yeah anyway, I'm not just sitting here lol. I'm working on getting stuff here and there. The majority of updates will be from the middle of May until the end of July! :D

Lookin good. I did a double take on that power acoustik amp, thought it was a fosgate haha.

2008 Chevrolet ColoradoPioneer DEH-X9500BHSSundown SAX1200dFi Q12 loaded

Boston Acoustics GT-275 on: Pioneer TS-D1720cKinetic HC1200 XS power XP750

Lookin good. I did a double take on that power acoustik amp, thought it was a fosgate haha.

Lol I wish I could afford a whole set of fosgate amps! That would make my year haha. I'm content with Power Acoustik.... for now :)

My Kicker Comp's are gone, my Memphis Monoblock is gone! I have a potential buyer for my Selenium Mids. It needs to be May already :\ I'm tired of waiting to start this thing!

:NeedPics:

Yeah I know, I need to upload some pics. I'll edit this when I have the pics of the now empty trunk.

• 2 months later...

I know I've been majorly slacking on pics. Unfortunately, right now my financial situation has changed and so I'll just be completing the front stage for now with the rear stage and amp rack to come maybe over winter break? We'll see. But I've been working on my door panels extensively. I bought a door panel for my driver's side door so I could screw with it while my actual door panel was on my car. I'm a delivery driver and use my car almost daily, so this was a necessity. And I got it for $20 so I'm not breaking the bank or anything. We'll see if this design stays or is replaced...

Checking the Speaker placement...

IMG_1947.jpg

Got my reference circle drawn up.

IMG_1949.jpg

Rough fit test

IMG_1951.jpg

Many cuts later....

IMG_1953.jpg

Sanding like a boss

IMG_1955.jpg

Getting there.

IMG_1957.jpg

testing the placement again.

IMG_1959.jpg

No turning back!

IMG_1960.jpg

IMG_1963.jpg

I feel accomplished. But then I don't.

IMG_1965.jpg

IMG_1967.jpg

Having clearance issues with the middle speaker... Uh oh...

IMG_1969.jpg

Still some issues...

IMG_1971.jpg

Looks like it's staying for now...

IMG_1972.jpg

Well, back to the drawing board. This didn't work. Not bad for a first attempt though. More to come as I make this door panel fit!

Archived