Sonic Electronix

Bought a new head-unit but will USB support iPOD?

Hello everyone I am brand new to this forums after watching all SMD's videos on YouTube, very impressive and amazed with his audio skills!

Now I just recently bought a brand new 7in touchscreen headunit name: Boss 7" Touch Screen HD DVD/CD/SD/USB Car Player Stereo RDS FM Radio Double Din for a starter at this moment but I'm planning on getting Pioneer double p3100dvd in couple months. Now I purchased this unit from Ebay LINK: http://www.ebay.com/...#ht_7916wt_1185

Very good rating and reviews but however after I look at specification it says it support USB port and has everything BUT...it doesn't have iPOD Function support According saying:

Features: DVD Disc Play, AM/FM Radio+RDS, Steering wheel control,Touch Screen,USB SD Port(This unit does NOT have Bluetooth/IPOD/TV Function.)

BUT it does have x1 A/V IN According:

Connector Type: 1 x A/V IN, 1 x A/V OUT, 1 x POWER, 1 x USB, 1 x AUX-IN, 1 x BRAKE CHECK

But the problem is....it in the back of the unit is there another alternative way to get in the front to plug it in?

So now... my MAIN QUESTION is can I still play my iPod from my USB port? I was assuming when it says iPOD not function with this unit that where you can control your songs from the unit instead from my iPod.

Thanks for your time I really appreciation!!

2 12 Kickers CVR | Kenwood 9105D @ 2 Ohms | Box tuned 39 hertz low custom | Nissan Maxima 01 SE 3.5 | I have no idea what my dB at :shrug:

"If you hear me Booming around the block then you better be prepared to call the police on me before I drive-by your house!" :roflmao: :asskiss:

"Boom cars so goddamn loud it ridiculous, hey excuse me what about your fartcan back of your car vroom, vroom!" :crazy:

no way to tell unless you try it. i'll honestly be shocked if that thing works for over a month.

Exactly my point lol I just wanna buy a new double din aftermarket replace my junkbox with my sweet new subwoofers installed x2 18'' 1k Amps.

When it dies...like I said I'll be buying Pioneer pd300DvD but for now I just don't have the money atm and that is only under $150. :P

2 12 Kickers CVR | Kenwood 9105D @ 2 Ohms | Box tuned 39 hertz low custom | Nissan Maxima 01 SE 3.5 | I have no idea what my dB at :shrug:

"If you hear me Booming around the block then you better be prepared to call the police on me before I drive-by your house!" :roflmao: :asskiss:

"Boom cars so goddamn loud it ridiculous, hey excuse me what about your fartcan back of your car vroom, vroom!" :crazy:

i seriously would've just bought an alpine single din or something for that money. not only better quality, but makes the speakers and woofers sound better too.

i seriously would've just bought an alpine single din or something for that money. not only better quality, but makes the speakers and woofers sound better too.

Honestly I agree with you yes, for anything like that. But I don't like single din I prefer double din to fit right into my dash I hate missing something from my dash, imo.

Archived