Will this Super Tweeter work with this Crossover?

So I plan on getting 2 Selenium ST350 Super Tweeters and i want to filter the frequency going to them so i need a crossover, rite? So i saw this "Eminence High Pass Crossover Board 5,000 Hz". Would i run the speaker wire from the amp to this little board and then from the board to the super tweeter?

LINKS

Selenium ST350 Super Tweeter - http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-362&utm_source=googleps

Eminence PXB:5K0 High Pass Crossover Board 5,000 Hz - http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?PartNumber=290-604

Just need a little help and to know if im on the rite track or not, Thanks guys!

1997 Nissan Maxima GLE:

HU - Kenwood KDC-248U

Door Speakers - Bose Mid's and High's running off HU

Subs - 2 12" Kicker CVR's with a kicker zx1000.1

Big 3 Complete

what are your mids crossed over at?

yes, thats basically how you wire this passive crossover.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I have a bose system in my car, and i think bose has their systems set up with their own crossovers? Im just worrying about the tweeters. I just did not wanna buy that crossover board if it was the wrong thing, ya know.

If i get 2 super tweeters, then I need 2 of those crossover boards also?

Edited by Dawgsrock0303

1997 Nissan Maxima GLE:

HU - Kenwood KDC-248U

Big 3 Complete

im trying to help with that.

What are these tweeters going to be hooked up to since you are using stock speakers and im assuming a stock HU? or a stock amp?

by the looks of your sig, you think you can just throw anything in your car and that makes a good system but there is a right way and a wrong way. and at your stage, no offence, you're doing it wrong. but that's ok, this forum will bring you up to speed.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

No offense taken, thank you for the help. My sig needs to be updated. I still have the kenwood HU and it runs the bose door speakers then i have a kicker zx1000.1 running 2 12" CVR's; thats it. I want these 2 selenium tweeters and im goint to get a rockfrod fosgate 400-4 (4 channel amp) to run the tweeters.

1997 Nissan Maxima GLE:

HU - Kenwood KDC-248U

Big 3 Complete

i would try to find a crossover at 3500hz, but yes that one will work for you.

So this "Eminence PXB2:3K5 2-Way Crossover Board 3,500 Hz". would work? It had another place for the wire though, the W+, and W-. Is that for a woofer? If so is it ok if i dont use it? and only use the T+, and T-?

LINK: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=290-636

1997 Nissan Maxima GLE:

HU - Kenwood KDC-248U

Big 3 Complete

5000 hz is way to low of a crossover point for a supertweeter. I would coss it over at around 8-10k hz. And supertweeters are made to be used in accordance with a standard tweeter or horn. They just don't do well that low.

Edited by bobobass

fiaq3-1.jpg

2000 Subaru outback 2.5l

Head Unit: Pioneer deh 4300ub

front stage: tbd

subwoofer: Stock Fi Q 18"

amp: Audio que 1200d

Shit now im getting mixed answers.. :/

1997 Nissan Maxima GLE:

HU - Kenwood KDC-248U

Big 3 Complete

tons of people cross super tweets between 4-5k.... its an 18db slope which is better than the typical 12db slope most use

tons of people use them solely with PA mids, sounds like you've never actually heard a supertweet before bobo

TeamSundown-sig.jpg