Sonic Electronix

memphis mojo's ripping apart. my fault?

ok so i baught 2 12 in memphis mojos from a dealer. i wanted fi audio dc orion something like that but i ended up paying $800 for these memphis mojos. i have 2 hifonics hfi2000d hooked up to them...i had the subs for a week then i started smelling shit and hearing a crackiling took the subs out and the fabric around the voice coil ripped and the glue broke away from the voice coil, took them back and the dealer looked and saw that the voice coil looked fine brand new. so he sent them back and memphis said that maybe i was playing them at 10hz and i broke it apart...wich i wasnt.anyway i got new cartridges sent in a week after didnt have to pay anything..i had them back for 2 days and same shit fabric tore and glue broke off, the voice coil was mint...now the dealer is starting to say it might be my amps doing it. so there going back to memphis "so they can find out what happened" now im pissed i dont even want those subs back. is the problem with my amps or is it the memphis subs? oh and btw they said they were having problems with the outside fabric coming apart not the inside. eather way they were having problems with them.

did you ever gain match the amps? what are the specs on the subs and box etc

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

do the subs share a common chamber?

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

like, is there a divider between the subs with two seperate ports or do the subs have one open area with 1 port

sounds like enclosure issues.. and 800 for mojos wow. plus if the dealer says its the amps it sounds like he doesnt know what hes doing..

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

what may be happening if the amps arent gain matched, the subs may be fighting each other causing the damage to the supension. dont quote me on that though. i have also heard playing below the tuning of the box can damage the subs

Archived