Second Skin Audio

Torres' Box Tuning Calc and Google Sketchup HELP!

Hey, I am new to the box building area, and was wondering if anyone could take the time to go step by step through everything.

I really wish to learn this, but can't figure anything out. I mainly want to know what to enter on the tuning calculator. I am an easy learner, so you won't be frustrated with me.

:D

Thanks everyone!

___________________________________________________________________________________

-1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe-

-2 12'' Alpine Type R's-

-Sony xPlode Head Unit-

-Planet Audio AC2000.2 Amplifier-

Anarchy Series 2-Channel Amplifier

RMS Power Rating

2 ohms: 700 Watts x 2 chan.

Bridged, 4 ohms: 1400 watts x 1 chan.

___________________________________________________________________________________

First thing you need to know is the recommended air space needed for the sub your using.

Next thing you'll need to know is how much space is available to use in the trunk so you don't choke them with too little trunk space left.

Once you know those you can then decide on the size and number of subs you want to use.

To use the calculator after knowing what subs and space you have just plug in the H/W/L to get an idea on what your gross F3 is and will fit in the space you have.

Once you have the size of the enclosure figured out now comes the part of tuning it, you can calculate slot ports or round ports depending on how you use the boxes, the first row is for slot ports and the bottom row are for round ports and the length will determine actual tuning.

Most people will use the general guide of 12" to 16" of port area per cf or more of air space of the enclosure for slot ports, round ports can be anywhere from 9" to 12" per cf or more and lastly aero ports can be as low as 7" to 12" per cf or more, some sub will like more port area than others so sometimes you'll need to experiment.

The misc. section allows you to enter sub displacements, # of common port walls and other items to help with getting as close to an accurate tuning as possible.

Once you enter everything into the calculator you want to make sure your NET F3 (Net Volume) is in range of the recommended enclosure size so you may have to play with actual box size and port lengths to come to the desired tuning your looking for.

Might be some things i'm missing but it is early and not quite awake yet but this should help you along in using it.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

First thing you need to know is the recommended air space needed for the sub your using.

Next thing you'll need to know is how much space is available to use in the trunk so you don't choke them with too little trunk space left.

Once you know those you can then decide on the size and number of subs you want to use.

To use the calculator after knowing what subs and space you have just plug in the H/W/L to get an idea on what your gross F3 is and will fit in the space you have.

Once you have the size of the enclosure figured out now comes the part of tuning it, you can calculate slot ports or round ports depending on how you use the boxes, the first row is for slot ports and the bottom row are for round ports and the length will determine actual tuning.

Most people will use the general guide of 12" to 16" of port area per cf or more of air space of the enclosure for slot ports, round ports can be anywhere from 9" to 12" per cf or more and lastly aero ports can be as low as 7" to 12" per cf or more, some sub will like more port area than others so sometimes you'll need to experiment.

The misc. section allows you to enter sub displacements, # of common port walls and other items to help with getting as close to an accurate tuning as possible.

Once you enter everything into the calculator you want to make sure your NET F3 (Net Volume) is in range of the recommended enclosure size so you may have to play with actual box size and port lengths to come to the desired tuning your looking for.

Might be some things i'm missing but it is early and not quite awake yet but this should help you along in using it.

Jeez dude. You are a life savior. Very informative for not being awake. Thank you very much.

-1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Coupe-

-2 12'' Alpine Type R's-

-Sony xPlode Head Unit-

-Planet Audio AC2000.2 Amplifier-

Anarchy Series 2-Channel Amplifier

RMS Power Rating

2 ohms: 700 Watts x 2 chan.

Bridged, 4 ohms: 1400 watts x 1 chan.