Sonic Electronix

any amp will work when you put in a bigger fuse than it came with. but you run the risk of damaging the amp when playing music loudly. if the amp starts to exceed its capacity, it can blow the fuses, which is a good thing. protects the amp. but bigger fuses wont blow when the amp starts to get over driven, causing possibly harm to the amp.

if the amp blows fuses, either correct sized or larger, then the amp itself is done for. its rare for an amp to be in perfect working order after having its power and ground switched by accident.

thanks

what if i hook up a 12v 7.8ah battery too a new one of them and the amp is only 7.5a would it eventually due damage to it?

any 12v battery of a decent size will turn that amp on. but it doesn't matter. if it keeps blowing fuses, then the amp is toast. popping fuses means there's likely a dead short somewhere inside the amp, more than likely caused from switching the wires by accident.

absolute best thing for you to do is get pics of the inside of the amp and post it up for us to see.

cause right now, all i keep thinking is blown.

although, God has given you a second chance to buy another amp.

i'll piggyback off of what Kranny said. and that is, if your hooking it up normally, and the fuse is blowing, the amp has an internal issue which is beyond a normal persons experience, in which case you can either try sending it in for amp repair somewhere, or buy another amp.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

absolute best thing for you to do is get pics of the inside of the amp and post it up for us to see.

cause right now, all i keep thinking is blown.

although, God has given you a second chance to buy another amp.

i'll piggyback off of what Kranny said. and that is, if your hooking it up normally, and the fuse is blowing, the amp has an internal issue which is beyond a normal persons experience, in which case you can either try sending it in for amp repair somewhere, or buy another amp.

ok thanks ill just buy another. im working on my own project with an 8" pyle subwoofer and a pioneer shallow enclosure in a bookbag played through ipod. but i messed up switching the wires around. ^^^^^^ Good idea? XD

without a way to charge the battery in your "bookbag" you will be unable to play your setup for very long periods of time at a comfortable listening volume IMO.

if you like the idea, just run with it. theres nothing "wrong" about it if your curious, other than your battery might not last long, and you better make sure positive and negative dont touch.

but other than that, continue with the creativity, if you have an issue, post about it.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

ehh if you only had it switched for a split second you might be alright. i did it, multiple times and i was cool fortunately.

but each time i switched it i blew the fuses. also you have a boss amp, not the best of quality so that might play a part in it.

but like it was said, if they keep blowing and you are wired correctly then the amp is probably blown

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

without a way to charge the battery in your "bookbag" you will be unable to play your setup for very long periods of time at a comfortable listening volume IMO.

if you like the idea, just run with it. theres nothing "wrong" about it if your curious, other than your battery might not last long, and you better make sure positive and negative dont touch.

but other than that, continue with the creativity, if you have an issue, post about it.

thanks. yeah i found some 12v battery charger that is for it. ill post pics of it and a vid when im done :)