All amps to 1 battery or 1 amp per battery?

It really depends on your setup. If your charging system is strong enough and you are not pulling anything stupid I would run them off the last battery and have the alt charge the first.

If you are pulling a lot, you want to balance the load on the bank so that all the batteries get change and the amps pull from all the batteries. You will eventually reach a point where you are draining one battery more than the others and charging only one battery more than the others but that is at a pretty high level and won't be an issue for your average daily driver 4ch+sub amp and 10s/12s.

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

It really depends on your setup. If your charging system is strong enough and you are not pulling anything stupid I would run them off the last battery and have the alt charge the first.

If you are pulling a lot, you want to balance the load on the bank so that all the batteries get change and the amps pull from all the batteries. You will eventually reach a point where you are draining one battery more than the others and charging only one battery more than the others but that is at a pretty high level and won't be an issue for your average daily driver 4ch+sub amp and 10s/12s.

-Drew

Thanks for your help so far. Im walling my mustang and so my charging system will have at least 2 320 amp alternators but the guy thats building my alternator bracket thinks we can fit 3 in there. Also, I will be having 3 AQ 3500's @ .5 ohms on 3 AQ HDC4 18's. So i have an idea. The AQ3500's take dual power inputs, 2 positive and 2 ground per amp. So, lets say i have 6 XS d3100's in the trunk. I power the first AQ3500 to where one of the inputs is from battery one, and the other input from battery 2. And i do that for each amp. Then the 2nd amp would hook to 3&4 and amp 3 to 5&6. Sound right? Then i was figuring, if i have 3 alternators and do 2 runs back per alternator, alternator 1's positives run to battery 1&2. Alternator 2 to 3&4 so on...

Also just to clear up any confusion, i just want to clearify that yes all the batteries will be connected together, when i say alternator 1 running battery 1 & 2, i mean that the alternator is connected directly to battery 1&2's terminals.

Hope this helps clarify.

Archived