Second Skin Audio

Something Like a Sixth Order

JWBryant

So after having my subs face forward and having to fight the seats being right in front of them, and constantly adjusting them, I decided to try to face the subs backwrds. It works well, however there is about an inch of clearance between the subwoofer and the back of the cab. That got me thinking that the way it is set up it is somewhat similar to a sixth order bandpass. I was thinking about redesigning my box again sometime but I am always looking to make it better. So this time around I was thinking about sealing off one of the sides and making it like a sixth order,or maybe sealing off both sides and making it like a fourth order. there is about 2ft^3 bekind each seat for the box. That seemed kinda small for any of these types of enclosures but the box could be bigger, maybe .5ft^3. I dont know maybe someone has an idea, I could also just try something out, but I wouldnt want it to be a big waste.

Box specs and pics:

Height: 27.25"

Width: 23"

Depth1: 10"

Depth2: 6"

Torres box calc. says the box is about 2 cubes but I thought it was less the last time it was calculated on there.

Port: 3.75" x 6" 30" long

I believe it was tuned to 32- 35 hz or so.

2ir2gx1.jpg

iqhonr.jpg

nozdj7.jpg

Ideas and suggestions are welcome.

Basshead-in-Training

Archived