Second Skin Audio

2 T6 12 SoundStreams + a tight space (ported)

Landon22

I'm planning on building a 5^3 box that is ported (optimum t6 12 x 2) ... My dad did sound installation for 7+ years back in the 90s and will be helping me, but I wanted the opinion of others.

I am putting it in the trunk of a 1997 Toyota Tercel, which isn't very big. Currently I have a 2.5 cubic foot box (sealed) with 2 MTX JH5512-04 subs.

I was wondering about how I'll do ports, like if i built a box that is 15 x 35 x 20.75 that will be 5.04^3 according Torres' calculator (using 3/4 mdf, i'm assuming it takes off the 3/4 MDF in calculations) The probably about not being able to make the length of the box greater than 35 is that the back of the trunk is smaller than the outer part. :[ what can I do? (I did the math and got 13.5 x 33 x 19.5 = 5.027^3)

According to http://img828.images...8/3106/t6ts.jpg (Specs of the sub) I need a 4x12 port for 1, would I make seperate ports, or combine the 2 and create 1 8x12 port?

Lastly, do you think I can actually get it inside of the trunk? xD sorry for all the questions, I just really don't wanna drop a ton of money and not get better results.

bump. :/ So, if I go with something below optimal, how much of a difference would you be able to tell? (instead of 5^3, I use 4.5^3)

Also, what happens if I use a smaller port than given? does it just change the tuning?

Archived