Second Skin Audio

torres question

From my experience, they can get loud, but aren't the nicest on the meter. I had my 15" XL on a little over 2k and managed a 145.0 even at 36Hz. That took A LOT of work to get to that number. lol. But to the ear, it was always pretty loud on anything I put in there. Probably because the car peaks around 43Hz and 43Hz is a good "loud note" in a lot of songs. lol

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

From my experience, they can get loud, but aren't the nicest on the meter. I had my 15" XL on a little over 2k and managed a 145.0 even at 36Hz. That took A LOT of work to get to that number. lol. But to the ear, it was always pretty loud on anything I put in there. Probably because the car peaks around 43Hz and 43Hz is a good "loud note" in a lot of songs. lol

thats exactly what i noticed when i metered with 4 10" jls i hit a 137.7 XD running off 2 alpine mrp-m500s alot louder to the ear then the meter but this is gunna be daily not comp so loud to the ear will be my goal. loud n clean not just loud like every wangster around here. all u here is distorted ass treble sloppy bass n none of em listen to me when it comes to tuning amps. bass boost is always a must for them. n who fries subs? they do

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

Yeah it's always fun getting a demo from someone where you can actually smell the bass. lol

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Yeah it's always fun getting a demo from someone where you can actually smell the bass. lol

lololol

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

the further the sub is away from the port opening *inside* the box, the better it is. it might not make a difference, if any, but in reference to that picture i'd move the sub to the right to put it in front of the L part of the port that's inside the box. should give it a better loading environment. if i recall correctly that is